Help with Candy Shop accessories

TheJoyInGaming

Hi all. I plan on painting and basing my Hamelin crew as Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory but in my initial searching I haven’t found any accessories or basing materials that have been produced that I can use. Does anyone have any advice I can use on where to find something that could work? Thanks in advance!

I'd say all the sweets could be easy to make with Greenstuff.

What I like to do to create a weird atmosphere is to use things offscale or upside down.

Here you can spot arms and hair from GW Orks, tails, backs and pieces of the heads from GW wolves and pices from a clothes hanger for slips:

https://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/17293

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the link. I think you are correct that Greenstuff will be my best option.

I purchased Terry Tonker from Crooked Dice to hopefully use in place of Hamelin, assuming the scaling isn’t too off. I am going to do the Stolen as children from the movie, or maybe just generic children taken for their greed and gluttony. I am thinking the Obedient Wretch and Rat Catchers can be warehouse workers/ lab assistants and the Winged Plague can be diseased flying Oompa Loompas (correct spelling)?

Edit: My wife, very delirious and exhausted, suggested that I purchase a bunch of the Oompa Loompas that go with Terry Tonker and use them in lieu of Rats. Kind of terrifying. Expensive idea, and whilst an Oompa Loompa popping out of a person while he dies is nightmare fuel, I think I like flying pestilent Loompas better. That, and I am going to paint the Rats white and slightly covered in either chocolate or a candy coating similar to skittles. They will be sitting in red “jam” of course. 

Edit 2: My wife turned me onto candy doll house accessories or candy beads. There may be something usable there to complement with Greenstuff.

Edited by TheJoyInGaming

If you go onto wish or one of those other Chinese online markets you can get a ridiculous amount of moulds and tools for decorating cakes that might be useful. Shipping will take forever, but they'll usually work as well for putties as fondant icing.

Otherwise I think you could get an awful lot of mileage out of just mimicing the colour palette from the film on more standard Malifaux terrain. So like make up a Victorian warehouse/factory and paint it all purple with gold banners and candy coloured cobbles and it'll read pretty Wonka-ish.

Also, grade A idea you've got there!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I am not quite decided on Nix. I think I want to paint him with chocolate on his face and chocolate around his stomach where the Rats are devouring him. I would base him with empty wrappers lying in a growing pool of melted and half eaten chocolates and blood.

I guess I am just trying to choose between either a more industrial setting, like a Wonka warehouse, or the weird rolling hills of candy and grass running alongside the chocolate river.

Decisions, decisions.

• Like 1