Wisps giving out distracted

esqulax

Question

Quick question. Wisps have an ability that say if an enemy model ends a move within 2 of them, they get distracted after resolving the current activation. 

If an enemy model charges a wisp will they get distracted after resolving the move part of the charge or will they resolve both the move and the attack and then get distracted? 

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, esqulax said:

Quick question. Wisps have an ability that say if an enemy model ends a move within 2 of them, they get distracted after resolving the current activation. 

If an enemy model charges a wisp will they get distracted after resolving the move part of the charge or will they resolve both the move and the attack and then get distracted? 

Firstly, its at the end of an action (not activation).

Actions generated by effects tells us that the attack action generated by the charge action will occur after the previous action is complete including any after resolving effects (which Shimmering lights is).

So you will gain the distracted after the move and before the "charge" attack.

• Agree 1

I don't have access to the exact rules in front of me, but suspect this is fall's under page 34's simultaneous effects.

If two things happen at the same time (take an attack action after charging and wisp's distracted), then you resolve the active players thing first (aka, the attack).

However, there may be some stipulation that effects resolve before actions or attacks, so worth double checking page 34 (timing) and whatever page the actions stemming from actions is on.

4 minutes ago, Adran said:

Firstly, its at the end of an action (not activation).

Actions generated by effects tells us that the attack action generated by the charge action will occur after the previous action is complete including any after resolving effects (which Shimmering lights is).

So you will gain the distracted after the move and before the "charge" attack.

Thank you. I did also mean end of action. Not sure why I wrote activation :)

6 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

page 34's simultaneous effects

You mentioned this on an answer of mine as well. In the rulebook it is page 70, so I had some trouble finding it. Someone alerted me that there is also a rules PDF, where it is page 34. 

• Like 1