Corrupted Idols question

trikk

Question

Drop the Strategy Marker anywhere within +X" of its 
current location, not into base contact with a model 
or Impassable Terrain,where X is equal to the amount 
of damage suffered by the Interacting model¸ even if 
it was killed by the damage it suffered.

Why is this a Drop and not a place? I mean I assume there was a reason, but I can't figure out since place seems pretty intuitive and drop-as-a-place isn't really in the rules.

1 answer to this question

10 minutes ago, trikk said:

Why is this a Drop and not a place? I mean I assume there was a reason, but I can't figure out since place seems pretty intuitive and drop-as-a-place isn't really in the rules.

It's your fault.  You were there, you could have stopped them.  👮‍♀️

More seriously, I think when the great find and replace of "place" concerning markers occurred, there were a few instances of what appeared to be harmless over-correction.  We went from "It's says to place a marker, is that new marker or an existing one" to "Do we assume that dropping an existing marker just removes the old one and drops a new one?"  

A model in base contact with a Strategy Marker can take the Interact Action and suffer up to three irre- ducible damage, ignoring Hard to Kill. A model may not suffer more damage than its current Health.

Drop the Strategy Marker anywhere within X" of its current location, not into base contact with a model or Impassable Terrain, where X is equal to the amount of damage suffered by the Interacting model (even if it was killed by the damage it suffered).

That Drop should be "Place".

Disclaimer:  I've got 2 Scrip on "Errata Drop and Create".  😎

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1