Trying to build a community from the ground up

Hi all,

I've recently picked up some new plastic sets to replace my tired first ed metals and am looking to try and grow a Malifaux community. 

There are quite a few wargamers in the area and I attend a club weekly as well as living within driving distance of 3 flgs. Problem is nobody stocks Wyrd minis in their stores and nobody bar myself plays.

Any suggestions for how to grow a community? Should I just immediately apply for a henchman position and pester store owners to let me run demos?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That makes a lot of sense. I was just contemplating the hechman role as there's next to no visibility in Ireland for Wyrd. The PP tournament scene died a death over here with the press ganger cull and it just really seems that without some kind of figurehead/organiser non-GW games seem to run out of steam. Has that been your experience too? 

Edited by The_death_jester
Spelling

2 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Wasn’t the Malifaux community more in Cork than otherwise? You had one during the middle part of M2e at least.

Yes that's correct. But Cork is the South West coast of the country whereas I'm North-East and a 4 hour drive away. I'm closer to Dublin which is much more populous than Cork with better infrastructure and several gaming stores and clubs but No Malifaux since probably 2013 at the latest hence looking for ideas on how to build a community from the ground up 🙂

1 minute ago, The_death_jester said:

Yes that's correct. But Cork is the South West coast of the country whereas I'm North-East and a 4 hour drive away. I'm closer to Dublin which is much more populous than Cork with better infrastructure and several gaming stores and clubs but No Malifaux since probably 2013 at the latest hence looking for ideas on how to build a community from the ground up 🙂

Ah. I’m no longer in Cork and am now in Texas where a three-hour drive to the next meta over for tournaments is a normal and accepted thing (this state is too large!!!) so was looking at it from the perspective of ‘someday that pool of players might travel to your meta’.

Also, there was the statistically low chance you weren't in Dublin. :P

19 minutes ago, The_death_jester said:

And yet I beat the statistics and live in Drogheda 😂 

What way was the Cork community organised? was it a case of a weekly meet in a FLGS? 

Also have you called a Texan a Langer yet? How did that work out?

I got into Malifaux after I left, so don’t know much other than they used to hold PaddyCon in one of the hotels instead of joining it with the UCC con (forget the name but it’s in January I think?).

...🤣🤣🤣🤣

Between this city being as full of an influx of out-of-towners as the tail end of the Celtic Tiger and the total lack of tracksuits in this heat, I wouldn’t even know where to begin. 🤣🤣🤣

*consults the chart*

KkdVfuFd.jpg

So, first I need to find someone from Dallas... 😉