Question about "spirit flute" of chiaki and Reckoning clarify

Molly

Question

With spirit flute's trigger can chiaki attach for i.e. her upgrade or another reliquary upgrade even if she or another ancestor model are still alive?

Reckoning: how does it work now? By chance in every round,do i have to kill more models than the score i made? Thanks

3 answers to this question

From the rulebook:

Reckoning (c)
At the end of each Turn, a Crew gains 1 VP if more enemy models were killed that Turn than it has scored VP for this Strategy, or if there are no more enemy models in play. For the purposes of this Strategy, enemy Leaders and Masters each count as three models when killed and enemy Henchmen each count as two models when killed.

So you can score your first point on turn 2 by killing a significant model

To score a second point you have to wait until a following turn.  And you would have to kill 2 models, or a leader/master (which count as 3) or henchman (which count as 2)

Then to score a 3rd point you'd have to wait until another following turn and kill 3 models and so on and so forth

Chiaki's Spirit flute, you wouldn't be able to attach her upgrade to another model, as it's a pulse and pulses don't affect the model that generates them, but yes for the effect to happen the other ancestor needs to be alive and in her pulse range as well as the model receiving the upgrade.  If the ancestor were dead, it wouldn't be on the table to be affected by her pulse.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

How would a dead ancestor model be able to be in range for the trigger?

I misspoke, my doubt was: if i could (with that trigger of chiaki) attack ancestor upgrades without waiting  ancestor die, and while they are in game.

But it seems so..

Thanks for answers