Replace (shape change) and armored plates

Ludvig

Question

Hey! 

If Myranda has armored plates attached, moves and then shape changes into a beast would the new model be considered to have moved during its activation or can I claim shielded +2 from ending an activation in which my model didn't move? 

2 answers to this question

4. If the new and original models belong to the same Crew, the new model becomes the target of any effects that targeted or chose the original model, such as Schemes, Leader designation, or lasting game effects. The new model is always considered a legal target for those effects.

7. If the original model was Replaced during its Activation, the new model continues the Activation using any remaining Actions. If the original model has already finished its Activation for the Turn, the new model is also considered to have Activated this Turn.

I quoted what I believe to be relevant bits from the "Replace" section on page 32. At the end of my post are Beast Shape and Hunker Down for ease of referencing.

Reading 4th step on the Replace rules, question is does Hunker Down "target or choose" a model? This is important because step 7 makes it abundantly clear that we're talking about two different models (although various other steps make it very clear most things transfer over). I believe Hunker Down chooses a model for "lasting game effect". The Ability says "this model gains X if Y". Sounds to me like a lasting game effect with a specific model chosen. Step 4 of the Replace process then transfers that to the new model.

Beast Shape
Choose an Enforcer Beast or Minion Beast from this Crew's declared Faction with lower Cost than this model. Replace this model with the chosen model, without discarding any upgrades. Then, Attach the Bestial Form Upgrade to the new model.

Hunker Down: At the end of this model's Activation, If it did not move during its Activation, it gains Shielded +2.

So no, by my reasoning the new beast model doesn't get Shielded+2 if Myranda moved beforehand.

As a Marcus player you had me excited there for a second:P

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1