Timing of Kassa’s Card Draw Ability

Zyzygy

Question

Last night I played a 1C game with Abyssinia (me) and King's Empire. He fired Artillery Strike via Stratagem and caught my Titan and squads all clumped up.

Now the question:  if it hits and causes damage to my Titan, and I flip an Asset to prevent the damage, that will cause Kassa to draw a card. Does this happen immediately? Or does the card draw happen after all hits and damage are resolved from the Artillery Strike?

It's important because if Kassa draws the card mid-strike, she could potentially use that card to cheat a subsequent defense flip within the Artillery Strike still in progress.

2 answers to this question

Okay this is a an easy one pg 9 small rule book explains abilities are always in effect but some only come into play when certain conditions are met. In this case an asset on a titan within 12" flipping. 

Pg 22 breaks down an action and says each action is resolved prior to going to the next of their are multiple. As is the case with artillery strike.

Pg 24-25 go over duel resolution and most importantly when that asset flips.

As soon as that asset flips you draw as your ability is always active and the condition has been meet. The player would then flip their next duel and the drawn card would be in your hand

Yup each duel is resolved in full first. So card will be in hand for future ones.

This is where tactical order of duels and pen flips comes into play! So KE player will likely want to resolve the other duels first so that Kassa doesn't result with the card advantage early.