Waldo's Weekly - I Shoot, You Run

Kyle

35 minutes ago, Saduhem said:

I was hoping this was the case. I keep bragging about the ToS models to my friends by telling them that they give out the same vibes I got when I started ressers at the beginning of M2e.

So, for ToS

We get the Malifaux artist

A slick and fast system

Amazing design by Aaron and, from now on, @matt and @Kyle?

Future's looking bright!

I know this is a huge off topic but...

Well, one would hope, but frankly, since the game's release there has been total radio silence from Wyrd mostly on how things are going or what is coming. Distribution at least in Europe is a joke, titans haven't even hit the local stores yet and it's one of those "why don't you want my money?" scenarios. I mean, if there are big problems getting new stock from China, just be open about it instead of keeping everyone wondering when anything will come out (yes I can buy online to a US store, but want to support my LGS), I rather have bad news than radio silence.

I'm lucky to have a local The Other Side community, next week we even have a 2 commander tournament, but there doesn't really seem to be much of a push to get the game out there from Wyrd, no tournament kits yet nor a defined plan in the henchman program for it that I have seen.

I do hope we start seeing some The Other Side art as well every now and again for the other 4 Alligiences or a teaser for the Adjunct model the King's Empire won from the Obsidian Door campaign more than half a year ago. Also hope it's still the same artist.

I get they need to get M3 out, but from a business standpoint I see a big fault in the sense that I have enough models to have no intetest in buying much else for Malifaux, I have more than enough crews to tie me up and I've been selling some of my least played ones to focus myself. The Other Side is all new, so people buying into that one would think would consume more, but they need the word of mouth and to get the game advertised more.

Maybe the plan is to go full ham on Gencon and that's when it all will get traction, but might also be too little too late with local stores sidelining the product due to low sales.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/22/2019 at 11:01 PM, Razhem said:

From first edition to early second a lot of things lost charm but there was a lot of play with postures, so it perfectly made up for it in my eyes. But part of wave 4 onward has been incredibly meh (Asami looks like crap and Titania was a huge dissapointment as well as Reva) and some of the resculpts like both Nekima's compared to the first one just seem like constant steps down, though others are huge winners like alt Reva.

I think that the third wave was the worst and from the fifth book onwards the quality has been getting better. I mean, stuff like Survivors, the original Starter Set (well, they were simple on purpose), Forgotten Marshal, Winged Plagues... A couple of the Emissaries were cool, though.

As for Hans - I'm not convinced that the old version was tons better than the new one. I think that the new one is fine. Though the hair blowing one way and the coat the other is certainly crazy annoying.

• Like 1