Stratagems

unknownuser65

If I am playing abbysinia I like lightning strike and take it early. Good for picking on rail gunners and stragglers. Useful against Kings Empire bicyclist machine gun guy whose name I forget.

Also spawning moon to bring in a unit early is very useful. A spawned unit of Yarazi was what tipped a recent game to victory for me.

Spawning Moon is my automatic include like Heavy Rains: Summoning an extra unit in the game can definitely give you an advantage. Especially if you have the healing magic upgrade to reinforce them early on turn 1 so you can fill them up.  I usually buy this turn 1 and I may not use it until turn 2 or turn 3 when I have my eggs scatter in strategic positions.

Unchecked magic can be crazy on turn 3 for some massive extra damage.

I need to play with lightning strike some more, i've been avoiding it but that might be a mistake.

Forget the name but the one that allows you to rush without activating can allow for some surprises. Objective is too far to remove? Play it, rush your yarazi 22 inches and then activate them to move another 11 inches to claim the objective. Either a 46 inch threat or 33 inch move to do objectives.

16 minutes ago, Pergli said:

Forget the name but the one that allows you to rush without activating can allow for some surprises. Objective is too far to remove? Play it, rush your yarazi 22 inches and then activate them to move another 11 inches to claim the objective. Either a 46 inch threat or 33 inch move to do objectives.

This is Onslaught, definitely one of the ones I'm concerned about if I'm not braced for close combat. With Court Of Two Champion and the Stormsiren, you can quickly make up spending 4 Tactics Tokens on it early if you want to put something nasty up the field, or hold off to do it later in the game (as Pergli mentions) to run objectives.

Another one that looks bad for me as an Aby player is Cut Them Off. Stealing my Reinforcement Tokens to Glory off of Survival of the Fittest is a double strike--I'm counting on those tokens keeping my dudes on the table. It's really the only thing I have in an attrition fight since wiping a unit out doesn't stop Hordes. It's also a way to work around both Aby and KE picking off eggs before you can eat them, a contingency plan.

• Like 1