Shifting Loyalties - SS = Scrip?, Sacrifice and selling

Zolledine

Question

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Zolledine said:

Hey there,

if I get an SS Bonus in Shifting Loyalties, do I get to keep the unused SS?

If you get bonus soulstones for an encounter, they don’t carry over after the encounter.  If you’ve got a huge excess during an encounter and you’ve already maxed out you soulstone pool, the extra just goes to waste.

But note that the difference in campaign rating results in a bonus to the soulstone pool only, the bonus is applied after crew selection, and that bonus can exceed the normal pool limit.  You still don’t get to keep any excess soulstones at the end of the game.

Unless I’m forgetting something, the only time soulstones convert to Scrip is right after you’ve chosen your starting Arsenal.

Are sold units rounded up?

Cut ‘Em Up For Parts says to round up.  But it’s an optional campaign rule.  That’s the only way to sell off models that I can think of off hand, but if there’s something else the rule in the main rulebook is that you round up.  The campaign system doesn’t use half scrip.

Plus: if , let‘s say, I sacrifice a Steam Arachnid, is it annihilated or does it flip for injuries?

See “Finished Off” paragraph two.  If you hired it and then sacrificed it, then you go to injuries.

But don’t forget about the Summoned Models exceptions for injuries on page 31.  For things like Arachnid Swarms or shapeshifters where you sacrifice a model to produce a different model, self sacrifice doesn’t automatically result in an injury.  But injuries to the replacement model apply back to the original.