Reference sheet PDF

solkan

So, I had an attack of impatience (and a minor case of "Let's see if I completely hate Apple's Pages app), I created a two page reference sheet by going through the one page quick reference in the rulebook.

It might be a bit busy, but I was trying to add the various important bits that a new player might not know about that aren't visible in the quick reference.  Attached is the PDF exported from Pages, and not the Pages file because it's Pages.  😕

Edit:  Drop Box link for the original version:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfnq3h8yhamx2q7/The Other Side reference sheet.pdf?dl=0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

A bunch of revisions, some of which were caused by figuring out to do dual column text.

This version has a bit more editorialization than the original version, and I still haven't figured out how to do fancy section borders or copy the TOS font out of the TOS rules PDF, but I did find a copy of the Malifaux symbols font to use on the Operation table.

• Thanks 1

It's not loading for me, instead throwing an error about the xml file.  Might be chrome on mobile acting up though.

39 minutes ago, solkan said:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<Error>

<Code>AccessDenied</Code>

<Message>Request has expired</Message>

<X-Amz-Expires>1200</X-Amz-Expires>

<Expires>2018-11-28T07:29:59Z</Expires>

<ServerTime>2018-11-28T07:37:04Z</ServerTime>

<RequestId>0541C43707D0AF2D</RequestId>

<HostId>

lFjzFRQpawJ/CPxIIdBcrOJbRHJlCHQ00MzvTnj0JeszkGcWWhtbIZ+aIs979KE9IY55BXowaNw=

</HostId>

</Error>

Corrections applied to the 1.1 PDF.  And the "I love boxes" fancy format version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4iaa5gaef2cjx65/The Other Side reference sheet Fancy Format.pdf?dl=0

I think I'm reaching the formatting limits on Pages without resorting to images.  I want to try to fit a symbol reference in the footer, but no glyphs for the new symbols yet.

Warning:  I got the restriction on additional Actions generating more Actions conflated as a prohibition against triggers.  Turns out I was playing that wrong.  

So I need to put up another revision after breakfast.

Edit:  Corrected version has been uploaded.  (Marked as 1.2.1 in heading.)

• 2 weeks later...

I used my reference sheet in a demonstration game yesterday and discovered that the description of Accurate on the rulebook's reference sheet is a little bit misleading.  The book's reference says "Damage cannot be reduced ..." when the main text says that the damage cannot be reduced by the Champion ability.

And corrected the text boxes not having all of their text displayed.

So new version of the reference sheet uploaded:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4iaa5gaef2cjx65/The Other Side reference sheet Fancy Format.pdf?dl=0

On 12/14/2018 at 1:47 PM, blaink said:

Thanks for doing this. It's been very handy.

When you pass, I think you have to discard a card. Is that worth putting in there in parenthesis?

Glad it’s been useful.  I’ll see how much room I can make for the Pass rules.  There’s two or three sentences that I want to put in about passing, including the discard cost.