Curiosity Killed the Cat advice needed

Satan's Sodomy Baby

I've been gone from Malifaux for about 2 years and I'm interested in coming back when the new edition launches.

I noticed the Curiosity Killed the Cat set from the BF sale and it totally got me interested in playing again, but I need some advice

The set comes with 3 Stolen. Will that be enough? I'd love to keep the crew in the "Cat" theme

Will I need more than one Cat Princess (Rat King) set? How about the Cat Herders (Rat Catchers)?

Also, I'm wondering if I should wait for the new edition before I purchase any models. The way they all play is likely to change a bit I'm thinking. 

What do you think? 

You honestly shouldn't need all three stolen most games, just ny Hamelin gameplay I've seen at my store. If you're trying to get some 2E games in get two each of Cat Princesses and Cat Herders, since that's analagous to BOTR but honestly since Hamelin isn't a summoning master in 3E I don't think you'll need both then. I personally only bought one of each, and if I find I need more hopefully they'll have them next time a sale pops up!

Stolen are rare 3 so you do not need more.  I Have 2 rat kings and don't think I've needed more. Rat catcher is rare 2 I think.

I can't say what you think is the risk of buying now for 3 rd edition, but I'm personally happy to still buy things now both to use in M2E and to use next edition, even though they will have different rules. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Adran said:

I can't say what you think is the risk of buying now for 3 rd edition, but I'm personally happy to still buy things now both to use in M2E and to use next edition, even though they will have different rules. 

Plus there's next to no way the BOTR set isn't going to be part of Hamelin's thematic crew, and wpuld you really be sad to have lots of cat minis around for you to use, even if they aren't summonable next edition?

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...