Cursed & Haunted

Bazlord_Prime

Supernatural Diseases like the above - are they really of any consequence to the Fated? They seem easy-ish to get rid of, if I'm reading them correctly. A TN 12 or 11 Counter-Spelling challenge. And the Conditions don't tick upwards all that often. Maybe. Depends on the environment, of course.

So, each character in the party could just continuously spam those challenges till they get it right, even if they don't have the Counter-Spelling skill?

It'll obviously be harder for them - no cheating the flip (the way we play, anyhow) - but does anyone limit each character to something like 1 attempt per day, and/or do you implement the Counter-Spelling clause that a failed attempt at removing effects results in that character suffering a permanent +4 to the TN on all following attempts?

Just asking, cause I've got a cursed item for my Fated, and I want the Curse to be a mitigating factor for using it - not just a "use it, get Cursed, flip hard-out till it's removed, use it again" kind of formula.

I guess I could make it only removable by a certain skilled individual? By someone with Counter-Spelling rank 3 or more, for instance.

1 hour ago, Steamtastic Vagabond said:

You could implement the rules for surgery to add more consequence, not much is worse than being at the centre of a botched exorcism

The "Once per week", and "Cannot perform ... on herself" parts I like. The "Killed/0/0 damage flip" is harsh though!  I'll think about it - thanks for the suggestion!

To mess with my group the cursed knife they picked up will not let the Cursed condition drop below +1 as long as they have it.  It was a really nice knife so it became a debate how much was having the condition constantly and needing to have it worked back when it got higher to just ditching the knife for a weaker one.

It is really up to the Fatemaster if they want to adjust it and how dangerous they want it to be.  It is one of those things I am planning on taking a second look next campaign if I want to made them rougher.  I personally like making multiple attempt on the same day get harder and have if you fail by a Margin of Failure it actually gets worse.

• Like 1