New to TTB

Manalishi66

I just got TTB 2nd edition....Loving it, glad I fund such a gem. Got a couple of questions. Are the supplements Into the Bayou, Into the Stream, and Under Quarantine just for 1st edition; are the aforementioned expansions folded into the 2nd edition rules?  Basically, are they needed (new info) for 2nd edition as well?

Thanxs!

They are first edition, but I made sure to write 2nd edition in such a way that it was backwards compatible with all three supplements. With a handful of changes (such as some 1st edition skills being consolidated into other skills), all three supplements should work just fine for you.  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2018 at 3:17 AM, Manalishi66 said:

Thanks for the info, look torward to obtaining the supplements!

I've only just started in TTB myself, but our group has made good use of the supplements. They all have thematic Pursuits that the Core 2.0 book doesn't have (it's got the standard ones), Character Creation is unique in each one (only slightly different, but enough to bring the flavour out), and there are loads more enemies/characters in the Beastiary of each supplement, plus the occasional new Magia or Immuto, Conditions and other bits and pieces. So yeah, the Core book certainly doesn't make them redundant, and they expand the game a lot.

For instance, if you want to play an Undead character, you need Under Quarantine. If you want to play a Construct, Into The Steam, etc. And they each fill out the geography, history and peoples of the different regions that they cover, so you get more environments to utilise. All are highly recommended, just for the Emeline Bellerose commentaries alone  🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1