Another what to buy - 2 contrasting style master

kbob

Hi everyone,

Sorry in advance for another what to buy post, read a few so far but hoping this deviates sufficiently.

Just getting into the game and playing with a fairly competitive group and I was hoping for some advice. Recently got a pretty major store gift voucher, for messing up an order for another board game. Decided to put that money towards getting into gremlins!

I was thinking of getting the Zipp and the Wong crew (or maybe Brewie but might be beyond my knowledge of the game) to build crews with styles our groups hasn't really seen much of (otherwise Ulix would be the potential contrast).

What would your 2 contrasting masters' crews look like. And what characters would you use to fill them out. Are there members that you'd use in multiple lists (Trixiebell, Sally Lacroix etc.)

Thanks for taking the time to read a newb message.

So with Wong you will want

• Swine Cursed
  • Sammy LaCroix (Wong has a lot of nice limited upgrades that Sammy helps with)

He also tends to like

• Cranky (just pairs well with Wong and getting you SS and improving his defense)
  • Burt (both as a glowy target and to gather models up for Wong to blow up)

Pretty much all my Wong lists start with

Cranky, Sammy and 2 Swine Cursed. If I want interact heavy I take both glowy and sparkly lights upgrades (one with Wong and other with Sammy). If you want more damage take Gremlin Luck and explosive situations on Wong and Glowy on Sammy. Wong tends to also really like Do Over. between Do Over, Gremlin's Luck and explosive situations Wong has in the past literally cycled my deck running solo

Zipp on the other hand doesn't really have any must buys imo (except Bayou Gremlin's if you use the Dread Pirate upgrade). For Zipp I would focus on some beaters or models to pair with Iron Skeeters, but I've used them to transport anything from Pierre bombs, to Francois/Burt missiles to making a fast slop hauler heal my crew twice. He also likes Fingers to really maximize disrupting your opponents interactions. 

Both Wong and Zipp are very flexible masters and both come with good crew boxes

Great thank you so much,

Just putting in my order for the Wong and Zipp crew, Sammy, Cranky and the Cursed.

I decided to add the brewmaster crew and some tanuki, to better use the Iron Skeeters, and take some time to figure out what to pair with Zipp. 

Zipp and Ophelia are most likely the two best overall performing masters in the Gremlin faction.

The reason for that is their minimal reliance on the crew composition and pure whoopass output they provide.

If Wong is the master that catches your fancy, I strongly recommend taking the "three demon bag" upgrade. This way it gives him a CA7 attach without gun icon in it.