Shenlong Counter for the Alpha Strike

JoeCL

I have a tournament coming up and not enough time to get in the games I need to get really prepared with my Shenlong crew. So, if you are willing to entertain me, I'd like to throw my theoryfaux at the collective, infallible wisdom of the internet.

So if the opponent drops viks, misaki, alpha Marcus, etc. my plan is to first try to slow the strike down with a cheap model, but if they get pass that I want them to attack Shenlong. So i will play him a bit forward to make him a more enticing target than the rest of the crew.

I will count on them striking late in the turn and have an extra 3 cards from low river monk/emmisary. Hopefully I will also have time to activate shenlong to attach high river style.  

I plan to use burning (given by peasants) to up my defensive to win any duals with my (hopefully) better hand. Heal once threat is neutralized. 

The main weaknesses are at least 5 models need to activate for the setup (cheap "slowdown" model, emmisary, low monk,  peasant,  shenlong) . And relying on a good hand ( I can't bring a huge cache with my list)

Turn 2 could also be a disaster if I have junk hand and no initiative.

Thoughts? Any better/alternate strategies?

I was thinking 10T brother because if you are summoning a peasant after initiative, using shen's 0 to change upgrades, then you need the peasants to build conditions.

I think you use the push and slow if you have sensei yu to do it. I think shenlong doing it may mean he doesn't have a more defensive upgrade on him at the right time. But circumstances will vary.

I lost my Shenlong only one time early. It happened VS neverborn after a very surgic tangle shadow near Nekima (a lucky 13 of mask on tannen mask buff at turn 1).

Defensive and Misdirection should discouraging your opponent to alpha charge him. He also has htk and generally his crew has a lot of healing (atleast Shenlong himself and the low river monk).

Otherwise try Sidir + promises/by your side to avoid lures and wp tricks.

• Like 2