Copied actions causing additional actions

joediamond

Question

Sandeep's Tutelage upgrade lets him copy a Ca action from a friendly Academic once per turn (and also lets him temporarily make models Academics).  Both of Amina Naidu's (0) actions have triggers that let her use a different action on her card for free.

If he copies one of Amina's (0) actions and gets the suit he needs, say Missing Forms for example, is he able to take the free Collier Navy Sh action from Amina or not?  I want to say the answer is no, since Sandeep doesn't have those other actions on his card, but I am not sure if that matters.

What about when he copies Freeze from a Tutored Silent One and gets the Frozen Shards trigger, where the free additional action is the same one as the spell that was originally copied?  I think that this one is legal, but I am not sure.  Tutelage allows Sandeep access to the Freeze spell for one action, and until the new Freeze action from the trigger is resolved, the original Freeze spell is not considered resolved (see Actions Causing Actions, pg 36 mini rulebook).

If anyone can point me to more definitive proof on how this sort of copy ability works I'd love to see it.

1 answer to this question

Sandeep does not have a Collier Navy Action to take, so declaring that trigger does nothing to him. I would also say that he is unable to use a trigger that let him make the same action, because he still doesn't have that action to copy, his ability lets him make use of it, but he doesn't have it. 

If the Action allowed him to make a charge or an interact action, then that is fine, he can take that action.