How do you build a Guild list

Regelridderen

As I'm working to expand my model collection – having absolutely no understanding of the game and just working under the assumption, that it'll be a hoot, once I get to play it – I was wondering, whether people have any general principles to work from, when making a list – e.g. what's your head count? do you max out on soul stones? how much upgrading do you do? Etc.? Etc.?

Different masters and different scheme pools will significantly affect this I would say. I'll try to give some general advice anyway.

Usually two or three models at the 9ss level and the rest cheaper. I tend to try and have a least eight activations, not dure if I've ever gone above ten to start. About four or five soulstones usually.

• Like 1

I almost always use Master Queeg (often with Promises) and a couple of hounds. This is a core 14 points that is good at scheme running, and if (more often, when) you do lose a hound, the other one can still be a pain - the potential for them to charge for 1AP (given the right circumstances) can give them a potential 17" threat range (let's ignore their min damage 1, and so might end up nibbling things to death). Hell, a solitary hound can still help by being a 3 point tar-pit/annoyance, tying up or delaying a key model of your opponents crew for a turn can still help with you achieving schemes/denying your opponent.

Promises on Queeg can help you with killing stuff (especially if you want to target something terrifying and can't avoid a horror test). The amount of fun I have had with Franco and Lady J benefiting from Promises is high :)

I also take the Brutal Effigy a lot, he's cheap, often tricky to remove (unless things ignore armour, or have relic hammers...), and can help keep your master alive with fear not the sword (even the pistol-toting Perdita can benefit from it). However, it's lack of melee attack can be a problem, and so less often an auto-include, unlike those above.

My key suggestion though: Play with what you have got. Learn them fully, then add something new. Rinse, repeat.

• Like 1