Secret Assets upgrade

Marcusito

Question

5 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Marcusito said:

I must be missing something basic.  I would need at least a 6 of Rams for the attack to even go off.  If I get say a 10 of Rams the attack goes off giving me a 16 in my duel total with a Rams.  How could I then ever declare a mask if I need a Rams for the attack even to go off?

This is where various kinds of card interplay can come into the mix, where another card provides an automatic suit to the duel.

More simply (and generally more likely), if this upgrade is attached to someone who can spend Soulstones (Lucius), they stone for the suit that they need to get the effect. If you have the mask in hand, you stone for the ram; vice versa as necessary.

6 minutes ago, Marcusito said:

Question on how would Secret Assets ever get to use its mask trigger.

Sh 6 : TN 12 Rams : Rst DF : Rg 12

If this attack has a target number of 12 with a Rams to pass how would you get to use the mask trigger if the TN requires a Rams to pass?

The :ram in the target number doesn't "use up" or remove the :ram in the duel total when you figure out if you meet the requirements.  You can use the same suit values for both the target number and the trigger.

7 minutes ago, solkan said:

The :ram in the target number doesn't "use up" or remove the :ram in the duel total when you figure out if you meet the requirements.  You can use the same suit values for both the target number and the trigger.

I must be missing something basic.  I would need at least a 6 of Rams for the attack to even go off.  If I get say a 10 of Rams the attack goes off giving me a 16 in my duel total with a Rams.  How could I then ever declare a mask if I need a Rams for the attack even to go off?

1 hour ago, Marcusito said:

My bad, I looked at your question and mistook it for the similar "How can I get a trigger off when the target number also needs the same suit?" beginner question.  :(  Sorry about trying to answer the wrong question.

Like spooky_squirrel wrote, a model can get suits from soulstones (if they're the right station) and from various abilities.  Since Secret Assets is Lucius's upgrade, he's pretty much going to spend a Soulstone to add one of the suits to get that trigger.