McCabe - guild or ten thunders

Aa7

34 minutes ago, Richard matthews said:

no but they have wastrels which are both but can be quite useful and if fast they can walk not combat hit twice at min damage 4, cards permitting, and then gain defensive +1

The big iasue with them is that they have df 4 and 5 wds which means snipers oneshot them round one.

I wouldn't bother too much with what others think of them, if you enjoy them then keep using them. I prefer to schemerun with hounds because Guild doesn't have kamaitchi so Luna + hounds becomes a no-brainer because they last about as long but are faster and cheaper. I still hire a wastrel from time to time and use it as a counter charger after things are commited, they arw good qith the saber if you can afford to keep them safe, juat not very independent.

55 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

I prefer to schemerun with hounds because Guild doesn't have kamaitchi so Luna + hounds becomes a no-brainer because they last about as long but are faster and cheaper

yes if I read luna's card correctly  the guild hound with fast and reactivate can  move 51" and drop a scheme marker in 1 turn which is pretty good

1 hour ago, Richard matthews said:

yes if I read luna's card correctly  the guild hound with fast and reactivate can  move 51" and drop a scheme marker in 1 turn which is pretty good

Not likely to be needed because boards are 36 inches across but with the push from McCabe you can almost do convict labor twice with a single 3ss model which is kind of silly. ;)

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

Not likely to be needed because boards are 36 inches across but with the push from McCabe you can almost do convict labor twice with a single 3ss model which is kind of silly

yes but you can start at the back edge bang in the middle of your deployment and still leave your mark or covert breakthrough turn 1 I know you cant score but it allows you to asses the table and make a decision on which flank is best. 

I am fully aware it makes no sense but for fun reasons I thought id see if I could come up with some reason as to why you should do this :')

You could also take one hound deployed on each flank and your opponent will have to work hard to stop both. McCabe then gives nimble and reactivate to something like a witchling thrall or trapper that will influence the game turn 1 and die within 10" so you get the upgrade back. If you send a paper-thin hound out more than 10" from McCabe carrying that upgrade there is a significant risk of losing it unless you are 100% sure no one will reach it. I often use my hounds to delay my important activations, if you give them that upgrade they auddwnly become one of your important activations. They can still do breakthrogh turn 2 in standard deployment without nimble (assuming one activation started near Luna).