Unlocking NBLucius, one player's journey

4thstringer

A win for lucius.   He's doing very well for me,  especially considering I lost nekima to yasenoris rj turn 1 and the mature top of 2. (They had yas almost dead and a jorugumo dead)  I Was able to use the corpse to grow the tot into a young,  and those 2 young supported by lucius and the bbs were able to keep my opponent out of the corner he needed for inspection.  A forest kept my opponent from concentrating forces and the two young literally ate everything that approached, while doing markers and grabbing heads. A god hand allowed a young to chew through mccabe rather quickly (a ton of high 13, 11, 10 of rams to frenzy with, flipped the 12 and a rj).  Ate right through what was left of yas, sun quong, lucas and luna by turn 4.

That concludes 10 post errata lucius nb games for me.  Except for a run of three games towards the beginning, its gone quite well.  One loss was to Sandeep, where a def 7 carlos vasquez tanked the heck out of my crew.  The other 2 were when I discovered the pain of a nimble yasenori, though ive largely handled it since then.

I promised myself 10 games with 10 masters this year so nb lucius will get a break now.  

• Like 1

Sorry for the triple post, but Im kind of stream of consciousness on this one.

I'm sad to see lucius go.  My games were rarely going to turn five before my opponent called it, which means my lists were killing at a significantly fast rate. I thiink I found something special with the mature and nekima in thr same list.  The extra attack from lucius mean that more often I could kill things in a turn with each ofnthem, regardless of the stoutness of my enemies.

I dont think I gave the rougarou a fair shake, or the illuminated.   I didn't even get my depleted to the table.  I was really happy with the soul true performance if the young. And I  if I played more waldgeists id lkeep loving them.

I ended up not using the tc warrior or doppel as much as I do in guild, despite good performance when I did.  I love wings of darkness and aether connection.

• Like 1