What to get next and some questions

ibanana63

Hi i was wondering witch of the 3 expansion books is the "best" and/or a rundown of what they add (i have heard a lot of good thing about under quarantine but nothing about the others)

Also i was looking at the new TTB one-shot adventure in the chronicles and i was wondering what brilliance does and doesn't effect (E.g. does it affect gremlins)

What are the Court of Two and what do we know country about earth side (other than the kings empire and abyssinia)

(Sorry for the question dump) 

8 minutes ago, ibanana63 said:

Also i was looking at the new TTB one-shot adventure in the chronicles and i was wondering what brilliance does and doesn't effect (E.g. does it affect gremlins)

Brilliance is a Supernatural Disease, so it can affect any character (whether Living, Undead, or Construct).

That being said, there aren't really that many Gremlins that come into contact with the stuff.

• Like 1

As for which book to get next...well that depends on where you want to go. If you want to stay in the city then Under Quarantine is probably the best for that. If you want to leave the city then Either Into the Steam or Into the Bayou would be better. Which to get between these two depends upon what your players want to explore. I am partial to Into the Bayou but that is because I love Gremlins, your players may differ.

Into the Steam adds a ton to the magic system, but it also adds skill triggers. I love the skill triggers. Basically adds a suit trigger to a skill of a character's choice when they reach rank 3 and rank 5. Every skill has 4 possible triggers and they will definitely add a lot of extra flavor to the game. Into the Steam probably adds the most to the game mechanically, I think. I have yet to pick up Into the Bayou, though. 

• Like 1

fluff wise quarantine zone probably adds the most, mechanics wise into the steam is great. Bayou is good with both. I like the bayou book but I think into the steam is the most 'must have' due to triggers, weapon customisation and more in depth explanation of manifested powers

• Like 1

I agree with Ampers&nd: I'd place "Into the Steam" as highest on the must-have list for the same reasons.

That said, "Under Quarantine" runs a very close second, and "Into the Bayou" an equally close third!  I personally think that these three supplements came out in the perfect release order, at least from a Fatemaster's perspective, each one adding nicely onto the material in the one before.

• Like 2

On 12/23/2016 at 0:42 PM, Sernus said:

That said, "Under Quarantine" runs a very close second, and "Into the Bayou" an equally close third!  I personally think that these three supplements came out in the perfect release order, at least from a Fatemaster's perspective, each one adding nicely onto the material in the one before.

If Into the Steam didn't contain so many needed additions to the system (particularly the magic system), I would strongly disagree that they came out in the perfect release order. Under Quarantine does the most to flesh out Malifaux city proper, Into The Steam really feels more like an outside of the city supplement.

On 12/23/2016 at 1:02 PM, koronuslight said:

Basically, on a long enough timeline, you're going to get all of them.

But this is probably the truest assertion. In the end each supplement is a worthwhile addition.