Can Doppleganger copy "transfixing Gaze" action from Wicked Mistress Upg?/ Obey on Paralyzed

TeddyBear

Question

A clarification please: can Doppleganger copy "transfixing Gaze" action from Wicked Mistress Upg? I think no because the upgrade it is not generical but specifically for Lilith, is it right?

Maybe could you let me other examples please?

This question as been asked at least a thousand times, apologize for this..  what happen when a paralyzed model undergoes obey? (tell me it's a waste of obey action)

Thanks as Always for help.

4 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

A clarification please: can Doppleganger copy "transfixing Gaze" action from Wicked Mistress Upg? I think no because the upgrade it is not generical but specifically for Lilith, is it right?

Maybe could you let me other examples please?

The words which prevent the Dopplegsnger from doing so are "target non-Leader model", unless you're somehow playing a game where Lilith isn't the leader.  The restrictions on the upgrade card are irrelevant, Lilith as the leader of the crew does not qualify as the target of the action so you can't select one of her actions.

If Pandora was leading the crew and took the Depression upgrade (for the Melancholy action), the Dopplegsnger would be unable to select Melancholy because of the words "target non-Leader model."  

In other words, you're correct that you can't do it, but you have the wrong reason.

14 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

This question as been asked at least a thousand times, apologize for this..  what happen when a paralyzed model undergoes obey? (tell me it's a waste of obey action)

See the errata for Paralyzed:

Pg 52, “Paralyzed” Condition: Change the text of the first paragraph to: “A model with the Paralyzed Condition generates no AP and can declare no Actions (whether or not its the model’s Activation). The model is also not considered to have an engagement range or to be engaging any models (and therefore cannot take Disengaging Strikes).”

Paralyzed prevents the model from declaring any actions, so you can't perform the effects of Obey.

Note the sportsmanship hazards this creates, and please remember that this is an open information game.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeddyBear said:

Thanks for answer!

small addittion pls: in "Transfixing Gaze" which player flip cards?

usually when a model end a move or push in an hazardous terrain (where i play) model's controller flip for damage.. is it correct?

For Hazardous Terrain, the rules say "The opposing player flips for hazardous terrain damage, which may not be cheated."

'Opposing player' should mean the player who isn't controlling the action.  So if you activate one of your models, declare a Walk and enter hazardous terrain, the other player is the opposing player and performs the flip.

If the other player uses Obey to cause your model to perform a Walk, then you flip because you're the opposing player (even though it's your model performing the action).  Transfixing Gaxe should be the same thing--Lilith is controlling the action that's performing the push, so Lilith's controller doesn't perform the flip, the opposing player does.

To spell that out:

Bob, the Neverborne player has activated Lilith.  Lora, the Guild player, has a Guardian on the table.  

Lilith targets the Guardian with Transfixing Gaze and the Guardian is pushed in hazardous terrain.  Lora is the Opposing player and performs the damage flip.

The Guardian activates in the hazardous terrain, Bob is the opposing player and flips for the hazardous terrain.

For the sake of example, the Guardian stays put.  Bob has a Terror Tot handy, it activates and charges the Guardian.  Lora is the opposing player and performs the hazardous terrain flip.

If Lilith used Transfixing Gaze on another friendly Terror Tot, Lora is still the opposing player.  Both models being on the same crew doesn't make Bob flip for hazardous terrain for his own action.

This is different than how opposed duels work because opposed duels talk specifically about the models themselves flipping cards.  So you end up with a situation where a model is in a opposed duel with a friendly model and the same player flips for both sides.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

Can't speak to the Doppelganger thing, so I'll leave that for someone else.

As to the "Paralyzed vs. Obey" part, that is *now* a waste of an action, but that is a recent-ish development in the errata.

52, “Paralyzed” Condition: Change the text of the first paragraph to: “A model with the Paralyzed Condition generates no AP and can declare no Actions (whether or not its the model’s Activation). The model is also not considered to have an engagement range or to be engaging any models (and therefore cannot take Disengaging Strikes).”

Because they cannot declare actions, they can't be compelled via Obey to do actions either.

• Like 1