Zoraida doll factory

OSP

Hi to everybody! First for all, sorry for all the misspellings that you are going to read, english is not my primary language. I've been doing a bit of theory-faux during this weekend thinking about a Zoraida crew and I was wondering if someone could help me finishing the list. I was thinking in something like this:

- Zoraida. Hex bag, crystal ball, fears given form.

- Spawn mother. Hexed among you.

- Widow weaver. Handbag, pact.

- Waldgeist x 2.

- Will O' the Wisp x 2.

That's 43 SS, so that leave us with another miniature of 4-6SS and a SS pool of 5-7 SS.

The idea of the crew is the following: The waldgeists are there to slow the enemy, meanwhile the doll factory starts running leaving the Spawn mother as the last one trying to maximize her perfect camouflage. 

An ideal secuence for the doll factory would be something like this:

- Will O wisp activates and summons a voodoo doll. Voodoo doll hems an enemy. Will O wisp uses his last AP to attack doll (If you are lucky and get a crow Voodoo can get slow)

- Voodoo activates near Zoraida and fails the Fears given form duel.

- Zoraida activates. Draws a card. Summons a new voodoo doll. Voodoo doll hems an enemy. Zoraida hexes voodoo with prick. Zoraida orders widow exhale terror on vooddo. Voodoo fails the horror duel and you draw another card for inhale terror.

- Voodoo activates near Zoraida and fails the Fears given form duel. Voodoo dies ( 2 + 1 + 3 wounds)

- Widow activates and summons two wicked dolls.

I like the fact that you are summoning AND debuffing your opponent. If everything runs you end your first turn with 2 wicked dolls, a gupps and you have done 4 wounds and slow on a model and 6 wounds and paralized another one.

The bad news are that the factory is cards and SS intense; I've been running some tests and usually spend 2-3 SS and end with almost an empty hand (always save a 6+ crow for the spawn mother), the goods new are  athat while it's hard to get and ideal turn it's not SO hard to get it ( the SS spent on the drawing phase, the two cards that you draw and the SS to add masks or crow ...)

Also, the idea is run the factory only on the first turn, on second turn I think it's better summon just one wicked doll and cast exhale terror on two different dolls.

So ...... do you think it could work? What model would you add to the list? (Yep, I know that in Malifaux is a mistake decide your crew before the game, but I feel I don't have enough experience to play it on this way). I don´t want to invest more points on the factory and I would like a model that can run alone and without support, but at the same time I feel that it needs a bit of support to run without problems. So far I've been thinking on Iggy (Incite is a 0 action and you can hit it with the new upgrade and trigger the push), a stitched together (it can support the factory killing one doll with gamble your life and can be used to draw some cards), another waldgeist  or mysterious effigy.

Give fears given form to the widow weaver too and have her close to Zoraida. That way you can place your voodoo doll in the two auras and make it take 6 on activation killing it straight off. Then do the same for the next voodoo doll giving you 2 scrap markers. Which means you can have a teddy turn 2! 

Though fo make sure to get your fears auras right and don't do my trick of setting my entire crew in the auras!

Hi Feagaur, thanks for the reply, if you give fears given forms to the widow, have do you avoid the fears given form for the summoned teddy/wicked doll ? Two fears given form are a great way to speed the factory, but I think that two wicked dolls summoned in turn 1 are more useful than a Teddy summoned in turn two and with 3 wounds less.

Is there any miniature that can give the widow a small push? That would be quite useful, activate the widow, summon wicked dolls and give the widow a small push to avoid the fears given form aura. I can't use Zoraida's obey because summon a Teddy is 2 AP and I need 4 scraps markers.

2 hours ago, OSP said:

Is there any miniature that can give the widow a small push? That would be quite useful, activate the widow, summon wicked dolls and give the widow a small push to avoid the fears given form aura. I can't use Zoraida's obey because summon a Teddy is 2 AP and I need 4 scraps markers.

you could use Mr Graves 'show you the door' action to push the weaver out of the way.

Or if you use wisps to summon the teddy instead you won't need to move her and you won't even need to use her activations.

On your point about summoning dolls instead of the teddy, I'd be tempted to summon a teddy turn 2 using a Wisp (using 3 scrap markers (2 from turn 1 and 1 from turn 2) and a web marker from turn 1) then use the weavers activation to summon a wicked doll using the second scrap marker from turn 2 and move away from it. That would negate the need to use pushes. It would also mean you have a rather large threat that your opponent wasn't expecting on turn 2.

Or summon a teddy turn 2 using 3 scrap markers and 1 web marker, then summon another one in turn 3 using 3 scrap markers and 1 web marker too. Your opponent won't like it.

24 minutes ago, feagaur said:

you could use Mr Graves 'show you the door' action to push the weaver out of the way.

Or if you use wisps to summon the teddy instead you won't need to move her and you won't even need to use her activations.

On your point about summoning dolls instead of the teddy, I'd be tempted to summon a teddy turn 2 using a Wisp (using 3 scrap markers (2 from turn 1 and 1 from turn 2) and a web marker from turn 1)...

But .... can the widow use web markers for her summons? According to the handbag upgrade she can only use corpse and scrap markers, so you would need to summon Teddy with her (you need 4 scrap markers, that's two turns for Zoraida and a Wisp).

1 hour ago, OSP said:

But .... can the widow use web markers for her summons? According to the handbag upgrade she can only use corpse and scrap markers, so you would need to summon Teddy with her (you need 4 scrap markers, that's two turns for Zoraida and a Wisp).

I thought the summons was to use a combination of Scrap, corpse or web markers. I'm afraid I'm away from my cards at the moment (and it hurts so). But will check when I get back unless someone with a card to hand can jump in?