Burt and Trixiebelle defensive combo?

VigotheButch

I'm new to Malifaux and have started up So'mer. I'm trying to figure out all the little tricks I can do with the Burt + Trixi + Lenny trio. Looking over their cards I was curious if say Burt is targeted by a ranged attack if he can declare "Slippery" and pass it off to Trixiebelle if she is 2 inches away. Could Trixiebell "Don't fight over me, boys" to another Gremlin since she is now being targeted by an attack? Maybe in this example Lenny since he would be close by? Basically leap frogging the attack down the row from Burt to Lenny who isn't within Burt's 2 inches aura. 

Of course this is all to say that every target in this leap frog chain is a legal target that is within range and LOS of the attacker. 

The dream of course would be something like: A Nurse activates and tries to "Take your Meds" on Burt to paralyze him. With no cards in hand Burt decides to not take the WP duel. He wants to pass it off to Lenny but Lenny is 3 inches away providing his Ram aura. Trixie is between both of them however. Burt declares "Slippery" on to Trixie. Trixie then declares "Don't fight over my, boys" on to Lenny. Lenny takes 1 WD, becomes the new target, imposes a -flip to the dmg (useful possibly in other examples), loses the duel but is immune to conditions aka Paralyze.

Is that even possible? Rules allow it? Anyone else have any cool little tricks to do with those 3 in general?

23 minutes ago, Dogmantra said:

Reading the abilities now, I'm not sure why you couldn't do that. It'd be a pretty rare situation though.

The more common occurrence I guess would be to pass the attack off to a bayou that would be nearby running schemes. Making it more plausible to make "Slippery" effectively range 5 hit a little guy instead.