Push rules clarifications

ChirpOTK

Question

I was just looking for some clarification on the push rules. If it's anything like other games I play a "push" towards a model can basically be in any direction as long as you end closer to the target than you started, is that true for this game?

I ask because I was using Perdita and pushing 8 inches towards a family member, but I really wasn't going towards them at all, maybe ending half an inch closer than I was.

4 answers to this question

"Some game effects require a model to be pushed in relation to another object, such as towards or away from another model. When this happens the model must move in a straight line while obeying these restrictions, moving directly towards (or away from) the specified object."

- pg 43 big rulebook, 4th paragraph under the "pushes" heading.

You always push directly towards or away,  along a line drawn from the centre of one base to the centre of the other. Even if it says "push into base contact" - in Malifaux that's a measure of distance, not direction, you're pushing in relation to another model so have to push directly towards.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChirpOTK said:

Okay, thanks for the answer! I was confused by the beckoners lure ability which said something like, "Must end their movement as close as possible." So I thought there were two different variations of the rule or something

The lure actually works differently. It forces the model to move instead of push, which means that it does not have to be in a straight line, so the target can move around terrain to get to the luring model. The reason it specifies you must end as close as possible is to prevent the possibility where you might have movement left, be able to walk around a piece of terrain which would put you closer but temporarily moves you further away, but not have enough movement to get closer than your starting position, if you get what I mean.