Run an 'EVOLUTION' Tournament

Frozen Feet

Hello friends of the Arcanist Faction

In November i have to play a 'Malifaux Evolution Tournament'!

Means:

First Game:       Enforcers Brawl

Second Game:   Hardcore Henchman (the Enforcer of game one, has to be included)

Third Game:      50SS, Standard Deployment, Collect the Bounty ( the Complete H.H. Crew of game two, has to be included)

Fourth Game:    Hardcore Henchman (allowed are only models that where hired in game three)

-eventually attached Upgrades may be changed between the games-

I do own the following Crews

-Rasputina with a whole lot of additional 'frozen Hearted' models

-Marcus with lots of additional Beasts

-Kaeris with some MSU additions, including Johan.

-Collette only with an additional Angelica

I do not have (for example:)):

-Hank, -Joss.

So what are your ideas which models i have to play to claim the victory for the Arcanists.

Never mind about: if i do own the Model or not.;)

Any suggestions are absolutely welcome.

-Greets Tobi aka Frozen Feet-

I think my standard Henchmen Hardcore list would work as a pretty good base for this.  So it'd be:

Game 1: Ice Golem + Imbued Energies

Games 2 & 4: Snow Storm, Ice Golem, Ice Gamin, Silent One

Game 3: Rasputina, Snow Storm, Ice Golem, Ice Gamin, Silent One, +19ss of things to fit schemes and playstyle

• Like 1

@retnab Pretty nice lists and in my opinion: unpretentious to run also.... Thanks a lot!!

My last thoughts where little bit more complicated:

Game 1:     Blessed of December+ Imbued Energies or Imbued Protection

Game 2&4: Snowstorm,   Blessed of December,   Angelica,   Performer

Game 3:     Marcus+ Arcane Reservoir+ Imbued Energies+ Gods Domain,   Snowstorm,   Angelica,   Dawn Serpent,   Slate Ridge Mauler,   Performer,   2xMalifaux Raptor,   4SS

Angelica & Performer to have a bit more boardcontrol..

Thing about Henchmen Hardcore is you need your 4 models to all be doing some killing or support.  I'd say go all out on the Frozen Heart theme, or all out on the Beast theme.  Mixing them probably won't go so well.  If you're going to go the Beast route, maybe something like:

Game 1: Sabertooth Cerberus + Imbued Energies

Games 2 & 4: Myranda + Seize The Day, Sabertooth Cerberus, 2x Poison Gamin

Game 3: Marcus, Myranda, Sabertooth Cerberus, 2x Poison Gamin, +23ss

I'm not a Marcus player so I'm not really familiar with the beasts, but something like that probably.

• Like 1

I played Marcus and his crew about 20 times.. Always compared to the 'only Beasts' background.

Generelly they seem to me a little bit too glassy, when i do play them 'Arcanist only Beasts' style...

Love to add a Dawn Serpent and/or Rogue Necromancy to add some durability to the Crew. And as runners i usually prefer Guild Hounds

But in this Evolution setting it's a little bit complicated to hire them.. Because i am only allowed to do so in Game 3..

All in all your Core Crew is a nice one. Thanks a lot..

But  because i do live in Germany and i aint pre-confirmed ripples of fate, i do own it just for 4 days now... ...no 4th wave models at all..

When i do play tournaments and run Raspy, i am always afright of to much terrain on the board...

Last two events i played only Kaeris and Marcus because of  too much obstacles between me and my pray..

May it be like: I HAVE TO BUY RAMOS, JUST TO OWN HANK??

Here are my latest confused thoughts:

Game 1     : Blessed of December+ Imbued Energies

Game 2&4 : Cassandra,  Blessed of December,  Angelica,  Performer

Game 3     : Colette +Arcane Reservoir +Nothing up my Sleeve +Cabaret Choreography,  Mech Dove,  Cassandra +Imbued Energies +Smoke&Mirrors,  Blessed of December +Imbued Energies,

Angelica +Imbued Energies,  Silent One,  Performer,  Mannequin ... 3SS

Forgot to mention the following:

- there is always a second Scheme available in the 'Henchman Hardcore'  format: Cursed Object..

Yesterday i played 2 'Henchman Hardcore' test games vs. Ressers !

Cassandra, Angelica, Blessed of December and Performer

vs.

Madame Sybelle, Rogue Necomancy, Rotten Belle, Nurse

1 Victory     1 Defeat

In my opinion it was all about winning the initiative flip..

• 2 weeks later...

Played my last test game...

it was the 50SS, game 3 (Collect the Bounty), setup..

Rasputina+Cold nights+Seize the Day+Arcane Reservoir , Wendigo , Snow Storm+IE+Warding Runes , Blessed of December+IE , December Acolyte , Silent One , Malifaux Raptor ...only 3SS

VS.:

Seamus+Mad Haberdasher+Red Chapel Killer+Sinister Reputation , Copycat Killer , Madame Sybelle+Bleeding Tongue , Anna Lovelace , Izamu , 2xRotten Belle , Nurse .... 3SS also

took the 2 following Schemes: Exhaust their Forces & Frame for Murder (Blessed of December)

Was an awesome Game...

Turn one:    Ice Gamin was LURED and killed by the afford of half the Resser crew

Turn two:    Blessed of December Killed one Belle and is subsequently killed by Madame Sybelle..                                                                          3:1 VP

Turn three:  Seamus kills the Wendigo, Raspy paralyzed Seamus and Izamu...                                                                                                     3:2 VP

Turn  four:   Raspy paralyzed Seamus and Izamu , Copycat kills the Raptor, December Acolyte shoots the Nurse (the Ressers Sucker)

straight to the hospital.  Anna placed a Marker  for leave your Mark, Snow Storm killed the other Belle and 'exhausts' the paralyzed   

Seamus                                                                                                                                                                                       5:4 VP

Turn five:     Raspy paralyzed Seamus and Madame Sybelle. Another 'exhaust' tick on Seamus, Anna Placed another Marker, Izamu beats Raspy

down to 8 WD ....                                                                                                                                                                          6:5 VP    

OVER...

thats just a very  short  summary of the game we played...

Have had lots of Ice Pillars on the table. It was the first time i have played the Seize the Day upgrade and i won every single Ini flip :+fate:D!

Paralyze was absolutely enervating for my opponent..

Before that, i played Raspy just as a massive damage dealer.

THANKS A LOT...