Love the game, Planning to get more Gremlins..

Merellin

So.. This is a useless topic and people might get annoyed at me for this (I know they would on some other forums I go to..) But I just had to share.

I am totaly addicted to Malifaux, I even enjoy building the models! And I normaly dont like building models. And while I just orderd Ironsides as my second Master after Ophelia (To get a bit variation from Gremlins) I'm already planning to buy more Gremlins. I dont know what order I'l get them in but I'm planning to get Wong, Mah Tucket, Ulix, Som'er (Though he will probably come a bit later since a friend got him) And maybe Brewmaster and Zipp too! And then a bunch of other models aswell.. xD

• Like 1

I have all 8 of our masters.  Obviously, some see the shelf for longer periods of time than others do, which is unfortunate, but I do use all of them.  Zoraida is the only one I don't, but I play her as NB so she's good enough there.

You've got a good shooter with Ophelia, do what you can to compliment her with extra models, but when it comes to an actual second gremlin master, I'd pick a polar opposite.  Mah Tucket or Zipp, maybe Brewmaster.  You just don't want 2 masters that do similar things and are good in similar games, because then you have to choose who to use.  If you have masters that are good in different situations, the game that gets flipped can choose your crew for you.  Hardest part of my game day is choosing which master to bring when I know two or sometimes three different masters can handle it, and I have fun with almost all of our masters, so I want to play them all.

41 minutes ago, Merellin said:

If I was to add models to what I have (Ophelias crew box and 2 slop haulers) up to a value of a crew box (But not Som'ers crew box yet) what should I buy? Merris was sugested, But anything more recomended for Ophelia?

Out of Som'er's crew box Lenny is really good with Ophelia, and Bayou Gremlins are incredibly useful. If you don't want to get that box yet, Gracie & Burt are also awesome, and a mainstay in the faction. You can also get Rooster Riders, they are pretty good and can fill a variety of roles. Yes, Merris is cute, a bit situational, but I like her.

Hmm... Considering getting Mah Tucket and one small box to expand my Gremlins.. In the end I do want all gremlin Masters (Exept Zoraida.. xD) and the only reason I'm not getting Som'er yet is because a friend has him as his only Master so far. And I'm picking up a second crew box instead of a small box because.. It feels like I'm getting more stuff with a crew box.. xD Yep, Thats my reason ^_^

Or maybe Ulix.. He seems like fun too.. Darn it.. Hard to chose..

1 hour ago, Merellin said:

Hmm... Considering getting Mah Tucket and one small box to expand my Gremlins.. In the end I do want all gremlin Masters (Exept Zoraida.. xD) and the only reason I'm not getting Som'er yet is because a friend has him as his only Master so far. And I'm picking up a second crew box instead of a small box because.. It feels like I'm getting more stuff with a crew box.. xD Yep, Thats my reason ^_^

Or maybe Ulix.. He seems like fun too.. Darn it.. Hard to chose..

I find myself playing primarily Mah Tucket (when I want to Ml murder, plus I believe I'm the only player in my Meta that uses her, so she's always a surprise to opponents), Brewmaster when I want to be a jerk and manipulate the field while getting opponents drunk, Wong when I want to do the long range murder game, and Zipp when I want to manipulate the field while reciting long monologues.  Sometimes I throw Som'er in just because I want to get better with him, and he really can handle a lot of situations.  I have nothing against Ophelia, but use her rarely, same with Ulix.  I can win games with both of them, but don't tend to have fun playing as much as I do other masters.  You'll find your groove of masters.  I'm happy I own all of them (Zoraida as NB, but the option is still there), but it doesn't take long to land on the pool of masters you'll usually hire from.