Competitive Zoraida in Gremlins

orkdork

I've been finding this list in Neverborn to be extremely effective: 

I'm currently in a league where I'm playing Gremlins, and I played Gremlins this last weekend in a local single-day tournament (to a very narrow victory, taking first by +1 VPDiff), so naturally, I've wondered how well my Zoraida list might translate to Gremlins.

So far, I've not found it as strong in the fight, but I do love added scheme-running the rooster brings. Here is my list at the moment (still very much WIP):

Zoraida, Tarot Reading

McTavish

Trixie

Iggy

Spawn Mother

2 Wisps

Rooster

3 SS flex

The biggest weakness I've found so far is having a killer master dive you. Zoraida just can't touch masters beyond bewitch. In the Neverborn crew, you have Doppel + McTavish to punish overly aggressive masters. In the Gremlin crew, you only have McTavish, and maybe the rooster if he hasn't run off scheming early game. On top of that, you won't have the monster cheat hand, since you lose Wings of Darkness.

You also don't have Iggy duplication, which means getting your Voodoo to sky-high burning doesn't happen.

I'm half-tempted to put Trixie into "flex", though I'm not sure what else really goes in aside from more Roosters.

What are your experiences with Competitive Zoraida in Gremlins? 

• Like 1

I've been really happy with competitive zoraida in gremlins.   Generally speaking, I run her more enabling focused, giving out extra AP here and there to set up mean combos.  An easy one to set up is to bring Francois along.   She can Obey Francois into position, Hex Bag the target to deny them soulstones, then companion Francois to Reckless charge for all of the murder.  If it's something you'd rather not try and kill this turn, generally I'll slap Bewitched on it and draw buckets of cards for cheating fodder that way.

Side note:  Burt Jebsen + Voodoo doll is HILARIOUS.  Burt can pass hits off onto the doll, that then gets shared with whomever the doll is sewn to.

• Like 2

I really love your competitive NB Zoraida build. It does synergize extremely heavily and works like a well-oiled machine. Switching over the Gremlins removes some of the cogs and that makes the whole engine sputter so I would probably leave one aspect home and try to build to Gremlin strengths.

So how about Nurse for Voodoo Doll shenanigans? Or indeed Burt as Clement suggests as passing hits onto it is funny. Dropping Iggy seems a lot easier since he won't work as well this side of the fence.

I've used Lenny + Trix combo with Gremraida since a Nurse can keep Lenny healthy and Zoraida can help with keeping Lenny in position (he is extremely easy for the enemy to disrupt). Plus, Obeying Trix nets you two attacks much of the time. Now, it is an expensive combo so I'm not sure I'd take it into this list but just as a fodder of something that Gremlins do that NB don't (aside from the obvious Roosters).

And I agree that getting Zoraida killed is a weakness. Nurse can help with that a bit but otherwise she is super squishy.