Wong as second Master, Have Ophelia, What more to get?

Merellin

So, I'm still trying to decide what to get next for Malifaux, I own Ophelias Crew Box and a box of Slop Haulers, And.. I'm thinking of getting Wongs Crew Box as my second Master, But whats a good extra box of models to get with Wong? Something that works fine with both Wong and Ophelia mayhaps? Is there such a thing?

Burt Jebsen is solid in a lot of crews. McTavish is a jerk that helps gun lines with his soft cover he can hand out, and he's a great glowy target for Wong. Sammy is amazing with Wong. Auto include for every Wong crew I run. Not as important with Ophelia, but she goes well with other masters too, and is a good hire if the enemy needs to be positioned well since Jinx can interrupt that. 

Yep, Sammy to hold Oooh, Glowy! and let Wong take A Gremlin's Luck (they are both Limited upgrades); Burt and Gracie are also a solid duo and their high cost means getting 50ss is easy. Both are great Glowy targets, and together they complete Wong's "Big Trouble in Little China" theme, too.

Just now, Blacks85 said:

Get ULIX !!

It's the only master in Gremlin that uses different model and has its own play style, totally original.

Ulix is certainly very different and fun but I would say that Brewie and Zoraida both play very different from the other Gremlin Masters and, in Zoraida's case at least, can use very different models as well. But the problem with Ulix is that he needs a lot of models to work so is quite an investment (Piglets, Warpig or preferably two and then a unique big Pig or two).

But Wong is a good choice as well. I don't see Burt as such a rush - he is amazing but you already have Francois and Raphael and those can sub for Burt, so to say. Gracie is fun but Armor ignore completely trumps her which is a bit sad so if your usual opponent employ lots of Armor ignore, then she might not be the first pick. Wong riding in Gracie's Saddle is awesome, though.

Sammy is amazing and works really well with both Wong and Ophelia (with Ophelia you can give Sammy My Threatening Gun and order Ophelia around; with Wong you can have both of the Limited Upgrades using Sammy). McTavish is solid for Wong but I haven't used him with Ophelia. Merris is a good Scheme runner but so are Raphael and Francois and Lightning Bugs aren't bad, etiher, so Merris isn't in a rush, either. Rooster Riders are extremely solid and all Gremlin Masters get a use out of them simply because they are so amazing (well, Ulix probably doesn't take them often).

Somer's box would come with Lenny and Bayou Gremlins who are all awesome. And Somer is fun. You could add that box to Wong, as well.

• Like 1