Secret Wave 4 tech

Azrrael

50 SS Outcasts Crew Leveticus + 4 Pool - Pariah of Iron (1) - Desolate Soul (2) - Scout The Field (1) Hollow Waif (0) Hollow Waif (0) Ashes and Dust (13) Mechanical Rider (12) - Oath Keeper (1) Terracotta Warrior (5) Abomination (4) Abomination (4) Brutal Effigy (4)

so I hope for those of you that realize what terrocota warriors do realize how good this is.......

the warrior can put the condition on mech rider so she becomes basically invulnerable and then turns pariah into oathkeeper and then scout as well.  

The rider is nearly invulnerable to its first hit as long as you keep it near to the warrior (LOS) which does only have 4 wounds. 

I'm not saying its not a good combination, but it places a huge target on the Warrior, which needs to be near to your normally highly mobile force to do what you want it to do. 

Does not need to be near, just Maintain LOS, can do that from back field if deployment is right and you move them intelligently.  Also wounds on warrior aren't an issue, pass damage to warrior, discard a card ignore all damage.

I love the little guy in TT, pretty much an auto take for keeping the Emissary or Yasunori upright.

2 hours ago, Tapdancer said:

Does not need to be near, just Maintain LOS, can do that from back field if deployment is right and you move them intelligently.  Also wounds on warrior aren't an issue, pass damage to warrior, discard a card ignore all damage.

I love the little guy in TT, pretty much an auto take for keeping the Emissary or Yasunori upright.

But the condition only lasts until its used once. So LOS will allow you to prveent 1 source of damage. but you want to be within 6 to reapply it. 

And I was expecting that the Warrior takes no damage from the condition, but if it is close enough to be able to re-aply the condition, or swap Levis upgrades then it will typically be close enough to be attacked directly. 

well the upgrade change out is effective 16 inches and the reapply is 11. There are a lot of other possible targets for the condition as well (rogue necro has been my favorite lately). But for mech rider it gives you even more immunity sure you don't need it however its a safety net basically joker insurance. I also don't think you all realize how far 12 inches is in this game if you think your getting past mech rider ashes and levi to kill the warrior. Play it and see but I think this combo is ridiculous and after a couple games you'll see them being standard in levi lists. (btw I think Lucius guild may be dragging two of these suckers around for the thralls.) 

19 hours ago, Azrrael said:

well the upgrade change out is effective 16 inches and the reapply is 11. There are a lot of other possible targets for the condition as well (rogue necro has been my favorite lately). But for mech rider it gives you even more immunity sure you don't need it however its a safety net basically joker insurance. I also don't think you all realize how far 12 inches is in this game if you think your getting past mech rider ashes and levi to kill the warrior. Play it and see but I think this combo is ridiculous and after a couple games you'll see them being standard in levi lists. (btw I think Lucius guild may be dragging two of these suckers around for the thralls.) 

For what its worth, its not uncommon for me to get 4 attacks against an enemy model that is still in its standard deployment zone on the first turn with Marcus. 12" is not that huge a space in this game, and I don't actually need to threaten 12" I just need to threaten 6" because it has walked up to be within 6 of its target. 

I never need to get past levi when I play against him, because he is never on the table! This is also part of the problem I have with this. If you want to change Levis Upgrades, then you have to activate the warrior before Levi, and then I get to act before Levi, which often results in a buried levi, or at least a Levi that couldn't channel very often. I've not faced him since the change, so that might be less of an issue now. 

It looks to me to be one of those combinations that looks good and surprises the opponent. The true value is if it works against opponents that know what it does, and I'm not so sure that it does. But I've not actually faced it yet. I might actually be more worried about it if it is protecting something like a re-activating Desolation engine...

• Like 2