Stat Card Size Discrepancy?

Akai

I just got into Malifaux recently, buying several different boxes. I notice that some of the stat cards are slightly different in size after trying to sleeve them, for example:

Desperate Mercenaries Stat Cards - ~ 63 x 88 mm

Exorcists Stat Cards - ~ 63.5 x 89 mm

Just wondering if others have experience that the cards are of slightly different size and if so, which card sleeve size would be recommended so I don't buy tons of sleeves that won't fit all the cards in the future. I am currently using some extra Fantasy Flight "Standard Card Game" size sleeves.

"Standard Card Game" size sleeves fit Poker Size cards which are 2.5" x 3.5" or 63.5mm x 88.9mm, and Malifaux stat cards are Poker size*. You'll be fine with any sleeves that fit poker size cards, although you might want to avoid the "exact fit" style inner sleeves just to be sure.

I imagine the reason for the discrepancy is due to a manufacturing inconsistency. I can't say I've ever noticed any of my cards being smaller than others, it was likely just a bad batch. I've sleeved triple digits of cards with three different brands of poker size sleeves and they all fit fine.

*you might also see poker size referred to as Magic The Gathering size or TCG size. As opposed to Bridge size cards which are slightly slimmer, 2.25" wide, and are probably most commonly seen in Yu-Gi-Oh cards, outside of actual bridge sized decks of playing cards.

I like using "perfect fit" sleeves and have found this to be an issue. Some cards are just slightly too big to fit.  I bow the "big" cards slightly so they will slide into the sleeve, but they are too big to lay flat in the sleeve.  Then I lay a heavy book on the card over night and is stretches the sleeve out so the card will lay flat in the "big" sleeve.

Just in case there is more then one brand of perfect fits the ones I use are very thin plastic.  They come in a clear package with red and black writing, much of it Asian characters.  Assuming here are thicker versions they might not stretch.