Matter of Jorogumo and Masters

Sirva

So i made a mistake. 
I couldn't help but i found myself buing a box of Jorogumo, just for the how good the models looks, without being able to stop myself.

I'm usually a NB player, i've a decent number of game with the NB Lynch, but i feel the big spidery tingy a little too pricy for a crew who needs 2+ illuminated and a beckoner (i really don't know if is a good core even fora TT Lynch crew) 

So i'm really interested if you field usually more than one Jorogumo and with wich masters

• Like 1

I don't think you need a beckoner at all in 10T lynch, and I usually only run one illuminated. I like having another heavy beater besides Huggy, and Joro fits the bill. Plus Lynch's hand manipulation helps out their Ml5.  They are minion hunters extraordinaire and they are a lot harder to shift than your opponent wants them to be.

So i made a mistake. 
I couldn't help but i found myself buing a box of Jorogumo, just for the how good the models looks, without being able to stop myself.

I'm usually a NB player, i've a decent number of game with the NB Lynch, but i feel the big spidery tingy a little too pricy for a crew who needs 2+ illuminated and a beckoner (i really don't know if is a good core even fora TT Lynch crew) 

So i'm really interested if you field usually more than one Jorogumo and with wich masters

When she comes out Asami box set is a must to purchase, you will probably summon in 2 a game most of the time, the Yoki are both brilliant models and a joy to play with on the table.

Is it Brewmaster's Obeys and Binges that help them out?

No, it's the 'Swill+x' condition that he can give out like candy at Ca7 no :ranged . It puts a model on :-fate until EoT for each -stack- of the condition. Something that is flipping :-fate or :-fate:-fate on the defense should be much easier to take down with the Jorogumo's Ml5, right?

• Like 1

Exactly Eclipse.  But the Obeys don't hurt either, moving them up, or taking an attack with them can be sweet too.  Don't forget an obey attack can trigger "Eat your fill" even though it is out of activation.

It's just that I prefer Obeying for ranged/Ca actions most of the time and so I usually don't consider this option :P I'd be more likely to Obey the enemy to get out of position or just tell a Samurai to shoot and not take damage in case of a miss. 'Eat Your Fill' out of activation is a nice catch.

4 hours ago, Kbonn said:

Exactly Eclipse.  But the Obeys don't hurt either, moving them up, or taking an attack with them can be sweet too.  Don't forget an obey attack can trigger "Eat your fill" even though it is out of activation.

I would prefer McCabe over the Brewmaster, if you're considering all your options.  1 AP from McCabe would give Jorogumo an extra activation, plus 2 AP to do as he pleases, whereas with Brewmaster, you're essentially swapping each of his AP to give them to Jorogumo.  With McCabe, I also like to bring Master Queeg, since Jorogumo has A-MAZING (0) actions.  An extra Vicious Bite or 2" push out of activation is pretty nifty.  Throw in "Promises" on someone, and "Badge of Speed" on Jorogumo, and you've got an incredibly strong minion with good attack chances and a lot of AP each turn.

44 minutes ago, Rurouni Benshin said:

I would prefer McCabe over the Brewmaster, if you're considering all your options.  1 AP from McCabe would give Jorogumo an extra activation, plus 2 AP to do as he pleases, whereas with Brewmaster, you're essentially swapping each of his AP to give them to Jorogumo.  With McCabe, I also like to bring Master Queeg, since Jorogumo has A-MAZING (0) actions.  An extra Vicious Bite or 2" push out of activation is pretty nifty.  Throw in "Promises" on someone, and "Badge of Speed" on Jorogumo, and you've got an incredibly strong minion with good attack chances and a lot of AP each turn.

Yes... I listed McCabe before Brewmaster in my first reply.  The OP had follow up questions RE: brewmaster.

On 9/6/2016 at 6:23 PM, InvokeChaos said:

I don't think you need a beckoner at all in 10T lynch, and I usually only run one illuminated. I like having another heavy beater besides Huggy, and Joro fits the bill. Plus Lynch's hand manipulation helps out their Ml5.  They are minion hunters extraordinaire and they are a lot harder to shift than your opponent wants them to be.

Well, now i'm very intrested in what core model you use in TT lynch

On 9/6/2016 at 6:41 PM, Tapdancer said:

When she comes out Asami box set is a must to purchase, you will probably summon in 2 a game most of the time, the Yoki are both brilliant models and a joy to play with on the table.

Indeed, the Yokai models are amazing, and from the preview i've seen around fun to play. Since also obsidian oni are some models i really like to have, seems like Asami is a good choice when she 'll be out.

I'm also happy to know thant McCabe is a good master for the joro, i took the nightmare box and now i'm more puzzled than before if opening and play it.

56 minutes ago, InvokeChaos said:

In 10T, I usually use either Yu or the Emissary as a core in addition to one illuminated and a heavy beater of some kind. I've been running Lazarus lately, just for fun. But it's worked out well. 

i'm interested in getting Lazarus for his obvius synergy with Collodi... but i cant find any sinergy with Lynch... aside of having a big, scary, loaded granade launcer?

Well it seems a reasonable crew core Lynch+Sensei Yu+1 Joro with smoke granade