Summon and Interact

Skitt_Happens

Question

A summoned model may not take interact actions. The Yokai and Betti both have other actions that make them/an Oni minion perform/take an interact action - so this can't be done on the turn they are summoned, right?

I know it sounds a stupid question, but unless I misunderstood, in Justin's interview on Malifools he seemed to imply the Yokai at least could do so. Just got my models and after reading the cards, I don't think they can.

3 answers to this question

A summoned model may not take interact actions. The Yokai and Betti both have other actions that make them/an Oni minion perform/take an interact action - so this can't be done on the turn they are summoned, right?

I know it sounds a stupid question, but unless I misunderstood, in Justin's interview on Malifools he seemed to imply the Yokai at least could do so. Just got my models and after reading the cards, I don't think they can.

The Yokai are useful for setting up Interact actions because they can get a free Flicker +1 when they're summoned (which they gain above and beyond the Flicker +1 that they have from Asami's summoning action), in addition to that free 3" placement when their Flicker reduces from +2 to +1.

So if you want to threaten an Interact next turn, you can summon a Yokai without needing to use any markers.