Looking for dry fitting tips

Gorsk

How do you dry fit multiple parts together?  Do you use something like blue tack?

I could easily check the fit on two parts, but not three or four.  I really suffered through the bayou gremlins, especially the squatting gremlin where you have to align the hat, two arms and rifle.

I occasionally use blutack, but try to do without since it leaves an oily residue. Mostly I just try hold all the pieces while dropping them and swearing a lot. Occasionally masking tape helps. You can also get a "third hand" (google for pictures), you'll need to put rubber tubing or something on the crocodile clips though or they'll leave marks in the plastic.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4.9.2016 at 2:11 PM, Bengt said:

I occasionally use blutack, but try to do without since it leaves an oily residue. Mostly I just try hold all the pieces while dropping them and swearing a lot. Occasionally masking tape helps. You can also get a "third hand" (google for pictures), you'll need to put rubber tubing or something on the crocodile clips though or they'll leave marks in the plastic.

This us funny, spot on! :-D