Mechanical Doves/Showgirls?

KuVenet

So, looking at the smoke and mirrors box, I noticed that the doves are quite useful in a pinch. However they do cost a lot for a one time use. (I saw this as I normally play Ramos and can summon a 4ss) each turn if the cards are in my favor for free. So I am wondering is there a way or an upgrade that I haven't seen that allows the summoning of more Doves for Colette to use? I am guessing there isnt, but I am always hopeful.

I also noticed there are Showgirls that aren't in faction. Is there an upgrade that allows me to take any showgirls in my list? 

I should mention that no I don't have any list builder apps, and I only own Malifaux Book and the Crossroads book. So my ability to research is limited. 

Wong's totem is a showgirl but as an exclusive totem it is not hireable by anyone but Wong anyway.  I can't think of any specific showgirl related actions which the characteristic may fire up.

Basically for Colette and crew the showgirl is the Star Theater troupe +/- the Ice Dancer as it is unclear whether Raspy's figure skaters turn up to the stage. 

Orians are mercenary companions in every sense of the word, they are solid models in TT but for Colette and with the merc tax, yeah it'd be a stretch especially as you don't have access to the Orian TT 0SS upgrade buff.

The less said about the Lovely Assistant's role as a showgirl the better.  Her leotard has spangles and you have to admit I guess that if Wong does anything he surely puts on a show.

And I think that wraps up the showgirls (also note that as of wave 4 showgirl is no longer gender restricted, way to represent Carlos).  

I wonder if this means they/we should open the Showgirl advanced pursuit in the TTB book Into the Steam to the lads as well as the lasses?

Wong's totem is a showgirl but as an exclusive totem it is not hireable by anyone but Wong anyway.  I can't think of any specific showgirl related actions which the characteristic may fire up.

Outside of team up games, the only effect is that she wont be hit by Orchestral Crescendo... So I assume she is only a Showgirl because someone thought it was wacky.

Colette can soon doves using the upgrade cabaret choreography. It costs 2ss. Each dive costs an 8+ with a mask. I try to summon two doves with her on turn 1. Usually costs me a soul stone for suit and the upgrade cost and 2 ap. I guess it depends what you use them for if it is worth hiring or summoning. I like them for practiced production.