Fermented monks

tadaka

Seams like no one ever recomends the fermented river monks. Has any one tried any Poison stacking on them to get them to up to reactivate on turn one and trying to get them to go whole hog?

So my idea on this is as follows for a shenlong list tactic.

2 Fermented monks.

Yu

Performer

So on first turn performer smacks each of them 1x poison 2.

Yu heals both with upgade. Because it is a MI action it both heals and gives them 1 poison. Total 3

Monk moves up ditches a card and gets poison

Starting turn 2 with 4 is very important as they can use 0 action to get reactivate before they do any thing else. Then when they attack 2x they will on hit or miss of an enemy model get a poison. They should end first activation with poison 2 and get the full 6 Def. When they reactivate they can attack 2x more and get back to poison 4 and ready to repeat next turn.

I have not been able to test this myself but currious if any one has given some thing like this a go?

• Like 2

My big issue with that is you are investing a fair amount of AP to get reactivate on a 6SS model.  On their own, they a pretty good getting to df6 and a pretty good damage track.  I have only used them with brewmaster since his 0 can give them 2 poison and Yu can copy that to give them 2 more.  However, It really is not that difficult to get them to the 5 poison since they gain it whenever they fail a dual against an enemy.  Usually they can gain several poison in a turn simply from that.

I supose but you would essentialy be trading 4 1st turn ap for 4 2nd turn ap and have 4 poison going in to turn 3 ready for reactivate.

Imho the bigger question becomes can they live to spend the ap then is it valuble. Honestly if i could some how garentee i could have both models live past turn 2 i would do it every time. A model getting 4 ap in one turn is very useful.

The trick with them seems to be not only stacking them with Poison, but also making the correct choices about how to spend it. For example if you Reactivate them you might want them to be in a safe place because they are quite squishy normally. Or you might want to draw the opponents attention towards the potentially Reactivating monk while trying to something else beyond their notice. Anyhow, isn't two of them too much work? I'd take one more often than two if I had them.

Aren't they 5SS? Also, they'll be sitting at minimum Df whilst they wait to Reactivate.

That is the whole point of getting them to 4 poision before they ever get in the fight with this idea. If you start with 4 poision when they activate the first time you can use the 0 before you act with them. Charge some thing hit or miss you will have 2 poision between activations and 6 defense.

• Like 1

I keep meaning to run them with brewmaster, but moon shinobi.  I do think their a decent model, but multiple friends of mine run Mcmourning........

Fear not, for (at some point in the future) Wyrd will release the Akaname, who can lick off (!??) the Poison from other models and redistribute it or turn it into a scheme marker. Actually hilarious as both crews are using the same resource, but getting too much Poison on your people might get them killed... Lol :)

• Like 1

I saw their card and I'm very excited to try the little fella out.

that being said, I think they are pretty good for a 5 stone model, but I've yet to actually use them.

speaking of Oni, I finally got to play Asami last night! I was massacred (though my amanjaku did 7 damage to Howard in 1 activation making Howard run away, so it was all worth it).