Jaakuna / Drowned Combo for Molly? [now just general Molly questions]

Mister Feral

7 minutes ago, Mister Feral said:

Since I've got a load of Belles and Horror minions already, I'm just gonna chuck down some Rotten Belles / Dead Doxies, a Crooligan as well as Philip & the Nanny on the table, and summon what I need from there.

Another question; Guild Autopsies - hire or summon?

From Fetid. It depends. What are you trying to do with them? SH5 isnt very accurate, and their main use is as a somewhat durable 4 point harassing model, one that can apply poison at range. The issue I have with them with Molly is that they largely are useful in hunting scheme runners down, as they cannot shoot into melee with any guarantee you will hit your target. 

Not really true at all. It is a common, and in my opinion false, narrative that often gets told to new players. 

The reason certain models are better summoned in is either because they are too slow to be used effectively for the role they are intended to fill, or because their role is so narrow you never know if hiring them will be worth it.

I think, barring outright flubbing building your list, which I don't think is the case here, a better way to look at doing better really analyzing what it takes to get VPs in the game, and wen playing the game ruthlessly do whatever you have to to gain them, rather than attempting to combat the enemy crew as a focus.

You fight and kill enemy models to make it easier for you to gain VP and to make it harder for them. If a particular engagement or course of action in the game does nether avoid doing it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MEGAHORSE said:

From Fetid. It depends. What are you trying to do with them? SH5 isnt very accurate, and their main use is as a somewhat durable 4 point harassing model, one that can apply poison at range. The issue I have with them with Molly is that they largely are useful in hunting scheme runners down, as they cannot shoot into melee with any guarantee you will hit your target. 

Ideally to put one or two up front to draw attention away from more important things like Molly / Belles.

I'm not planning on using them for their Poison, but Embalmed might help them to stay alive a little longer. If I could soften up a target or two in the early stages of the game with their pistols whilst everything else gets into position, all the better!

There is always the options to focus putting Poison on one enemy model early on, to chip their health down for the inevitable melee in later turns.

I know they are more useful in a McMourning crew, but they are cheap summonable Horror minions and I'm quite fond of the miniatures! :)

In short, I'd like to use them as a cheap diversion.

52 minutes ago, Mister Feral said:

I've decided on Horror as I have plenty of minions for that.

Theoretically, could I try summoning as much as possible per turn to try and get my opponent to waste cards trying to stop that?

Molly's Summoning is not resisted by your opponent, so that won't work. The way your opponent stops Molly's summoning is by attacking your hand so you have no high cards left. Some opponents also screw up your summoning by having their whole crew die inconveniently, but that's rare.

• Like 1