Looking for advice on a 35ss Seamus crew build

Greetings I am only new to the game and have so far only played small 15 -20 points games but next weekend I am going to play against a few guys at a mates place and I am bumping up to 35ss.

I have managed to get a nice painted old Seamus model with Sybelle, CCK and 2 belles. I have bought the boxes for Canine Remains, Dead Doxies, Nurses and Izamu.

I am looking for a good solid 35ss build using these models. I thought maybe something like this

Seamus with redchapel killer, mad harberdasher and sinister rep.

Sybelle with bleeding tongue.

Copy cat Killer

2 canine remains

Nurse

Rotten Belle

I plan to raise the other belle and doxies from the corpse markers the canines leave behind

Apart from the standard "dont build standard lists, build to the strategy, schemes, enemy faction and board layout" comment, I have a few suggestions :)

I think Mad Haberdasher is too expensive for what it does, but your mileage may vary.

I'd consider including the the Copy Cat Killer, his gun is quite good and since he can teleport to Seamus as a 0 action, he can often focus or just shoot twice, if you dont end up out of range after the first shot, to compensate for his low Sh.

Using Canine Remains for digging up corpses costs high crows, which you'll need for Seamus' summoning too. And for teleporting. I generally dont focus much on summoning with Seamus and if a corpse marker appears (and I dont want to use it for Distraction) its usually too close to other models for a Belle to be useful, so I tend to summon Dead Doxies instead. I think its better to use the Canine Remains to run around dropping scheme markers, both for schemes and Home Ground Advantage.

Finally I like to start with more than one Belle, 1. to make sure you can force enough willpower tests on your opponent to keep Seamus healed, 2. to force your opponent to discard some cards and 3. to rearrange your opponents models, to make it easier for Seamus to line up good targets.

I'd go with something like:

Seamus -- 6ss
 +Red Chapel Killer - 1ss
 +Sinister Reputation - 1ss

Copycat Killer - 3ss

Canine Remains - 4ss

Madame Sybelle - 8ss

Nurse - 5ss

Rotten Belle - 5ss

Rotten Belle - 5ss

There's room for an upgrade or two on Sybelle.

Alternatively you could go with a melee build instead, where you give Seamus Bag O' Tools, bring Izamu with Unnerving aura and use Belles to pull the enemy in close.

Somewhat unrelated but don't feel afraid to play 50 stone games, they aren't too much more complicated and you certainly have enough models to build a 50 stone crew.

If the strategy Turf War i would recommend Izamu with Unnerving Aura to park and secure that middle. The canine remains will mostly benefit you when scheme markers or Reconnoiter come up, you might not need them as much otherwise, though if you can spread some poison somehow their charge ability would be very deadly.

For myself, I don't tend to like Canine remains in crews with Seamus. No Wp duels, and I wants the crows for other things. Plus if you are bringing Sybelle your belles move as fast as a dog if they activate near her, and they have more utility. Because I favor bring sinister reputation a model has to be VERY special to be brought along if it doesn't have some sort of WP duel to toss around. In my crews just about every single model will have access to a WP duel in some for or other to be used on command to heal Seamus if Necessary. That isn't to say I'm right, just how I prefer to play him.

If I were going to attempt to build a 35SS all comers list (which can work...ish, but you basically need to hone the crew to a razors sharpness for your play style for that to work) I might go with something like this:

Resurrectionists - 35ss Crew

Seamus -- 5SS Cache
+Sinister Reputation - 1ss
+Red Chapel Killer - 1ss

• [*]
Copycat Killer - 3ss
[*]Carrion Effigy - 4ss
[*]Madame Sybelle - 8ss
+Bleeding Tongue - 1ss
[*]Nurse - 5ss

I don't generally like the Carrion Effigy, but at low SS levels and without the hat, he can help heal and serves as a fairly resilient tarpit or scheme runner.