Help required vs Nekima

Hi all,

I was hoping someone might be able to help with my Nekima problem.

I can't seem to get any joy when facing her - she always gets the alpha strike, and munches through most of my crew in the first two turns.

Nothing big enough to deal with her is fast enough to avoid getting smashed first, and feeding her chaff just plays into the whole grow list thing.

My regular opponent advocates killing her at range, which I struggle to do in a resser crew.

Any help would be gratefully received.

To date I have used Nicodem and Seamus, and just started with Yan Lo, so anything that works with them would be super.

Thanks all!

'Brown.

Seamus should be able to get a shot at her on Turn 1 with Back Alley, although your opponent might be able to position Nekima so that Seamus ends up badly exposed.

The usual Resser answer for high-cost beat sticks is Belles. Lure Nekima in after she has activated and either kill her that Turn, or Paralyse her and kill her over two Turns. Debuffing her works well, also (Molly excels at this, but Yin can do it as well, as can Dead Doxies and a Performer).

• Like 1

All solutions that don't work very well against Nekima. Seamus isn't very good against ss users because if he focuses they can spend a stone for defense and offset your focus, and if he doesn't he only gets one shot, so you are hoping for a lucky spike damage, and they can still reduce with ss. Kirin with belles is great, but she has a wp7 so you are probably going to have to invest good cards in luring her, which means it probably won't be advantageous, especially with how quick she is.

I haven't faced her with someone who REALLY knows how to use her well, but I've found the best counter play is to have two nasty threats on your side. So that if she moves in and commits to one or the other the me not targeted can counter charge and maul her.

• Like 2

I have a few people that would get on a Nekima hike from time to time.  There is no real solid way to deal with her as every case can be unique depending on what you took to do things for the strategy and schemes.  Sometimes you just have to feed something to Nekima, a Drowned as she cannot chop through them fast with their good defense and resilence reducing damage.  With their 6 wounds she is going to need two real lucky swings but more likely 3+ swings or mixing some black blood from her (0) which keeps her from healing so much.

Really the key to dealing with Nekima is to deny her the charge so she either has to walk or swing at a lesser target, then smash her with what you can.  Melee Expert rather than a strait extra AP limits her option if you have some way to make her spend AP.  She is expensive and if you don't let her recover her wounds easily she really can eat up the SS for damage reduction. 

• Like 1