Dimitri

I read it another thread that a few people enjoyed having her hang back with some tots and grow them via sniping weakened models with the Rapid Growth upgrade (for which she seems like a possibly decent candidate). It sounds nice on paper but I'd like to try or see it, personally. 

I agree that all of the NB starter models are a tad over priced. Angel eyes at 8ss would be reasonable....even then I think I would still take McTavish. There just isn't enough about her to remove any of my current crew in any of the NB lists. 

4 hours ago, Twg said:

I agree that all of the NB starter models are a tad over priced. Angel eyes at 8ss would be reasonable....even then I think I would still take McTavish. There just isn't enough about her to remove any of my current crew in any of the NB lists. 

I'd have to disagree that all the starter models are a tad overpriced.... the bloodwretch for instance is just right.... if they were only 4 stones they would be underpriced compared to say a tot or gupps.... they are quick.... good df and can hit rather hard.

Of all the Neverborn masters I find the dreamer has been the one that the Wretches had worked best for me.  Being able to give them fast before they activate helps so much, either to get the drop on a model I need or to use their tactical action before charging for the extra damage and card draw *another thing that Dreamer likes*.  I had one game where I did not have a strong hand so I used Play Time on one and made it fast, ended up getting plenty of cards out of it.  Second on the Neverborn masters has been Collodi because his buffs passed from the Effigies can be pretty useful on them.

Eventually I will put my Aionus on a base and try him with them with another master.  Being only SS cost of 5 means the henchmen can give them Fast pretty easy too.

On 2016-06-30 at 1:58 PM, necroon said:

I read it another thread that a few people enjoyed having her hang back with some tots and grow them via sniping weakened models with the Rapid Growth upgrade (for which she seems like a possibly decent candidate). It sounds nice on paper but I'd like to try or see it, personally. 

I've tried it a couple times, once with Lilith and once with Lucius, and it went fine.  You just have to Tangle Shadows or use any of Lucius' tricks on the newly summoned Young to get it where you want it to go.  Angel Eyes is tough enough that she can fight pretty close to the front with no trouble and doesn't have as big a target on her as McTavish.  She's also a more thematic choice, which matters to some more than others.  And if you don't want to use her for Growth, she's also a good candidate to carry Obsidian Talons.

I mostly don't play grow lists.  I like using Lilith as the monster in a slasher movie, dragging the sexy teens into the woods and killing them one by one.  I use her mobility to move around the board messing with people and keep Tots as Tots to run schemes.  Either Angel Eyes or Barbaros suit that just fine.

• Like 1