Box Set or Figures you like?

Gremlin66

This will be a new endeavor for me. I'm a collector and player. I love cool looking figures. In my eyes anyway.

I know nothing about Malifaux so please bare with me. I am a serious gamer but play to have fun.  A crew that likes their brew seems really cool for me. It's either Gremlins or The Guild.

I understand that certain figures are only available in the box sets.

Would this be possible or not. 

Som'er Teeth Jones.

Old Cranky (He just looks cool)

Trixiebella (shake that Bootie)

Bayou Gremlins (love the one with the fishing pole)

Bayou Gators (they just make me laugh)

Whiskey Golem (Whiskey barrels. Nuff said)

Rooster Riders (Who hasn't thought of wrangling a Rooster)

McTavish (Gator Wrangler/rider)

These are just a few of the ones that make me want to go Gremlin.

Thanks for looking.

In theory yes.

Som'er Teeth Jones is a highly flexible master and depending on schemes and strategies could find use for most models, just not all in one crew at the same time.

You will need a lot of Bayou gremlins if you're playing a summoner list, less so if your running Som'er aggressively.
McTavish and some (from the shadows) bayou gators could be a great addition to a Som'er summoning list, McTavish can also bring condition removal which can come in handy depending on what faction you're facing.
Rooster riders could work well with Som'ers Skeeters giving them auto stampede or with old cranky as support if your running a more aggressive list.
Whisky Golem tends to be something I take when I have a purpose for it, I'd need to see something in the strategy or schemes to feel the need to field it with Somer.
Trixibelle also looks adaptable enough to used in a horde or an "elite" crew.

The Wyrd promotion for this month is if you buy $60 worth of models at your friendly local gaming store (not an online only shop) and save the receipt and send them a picture of the receipt with all the items listed on it, they will send you an alt-sculpt bayou gator. You can have an extra gator for buying the boxes you were going to get anyway! The details are up top of the page under "Where to Buy + Promotions". Even if you decide on a different faction instead, you can then privately trade the alt-sculpt gator for something alt-sculpt for a different faction.

Thanks for the replies. Nothing is set in stone for what I'll be picking up yet. The wife and I are going into this togeather to learn the game. I believe she will be running Outcasts.

As for a local store. One the store search they are over an hour away.

Arsenal decks are only required if you have old 1.5 models or are using proxies.

If you're picking up Som'ers box I would get 1/extra pack if bayou gremlins and some slop haulers.

That will give you a basic crew that will be easy to learn with, then add extra as you go.

The game is easiest to learn when both new players have farely straight forward crews.

For a reasonably simple outcast crew I would look at the Viktorias or Von schill at a stretch Misaki.

As for the store, be glad you have one you can drive to, in my country getting a store to stock anything other than GW and MTG is a mission in itself.

Thanks for the reply. The one gaming store we did have around here closed do to lack of interest in miniature gaming and MTG. There is another but it's mostly MTG. not much for miniatures. He may place an oder here and there but it's at his discretion.