Armor from non-Item sources

baggined

I'm not sure if this has been addressed before, but, if a character gets armor from a source other than actually wearing physical armor, is that character's defense also reduced?

I know in the Fated Almanac that it says that Armor reduces defense unless they have the armor training talent, and it specifically mentions wearable armor and pneumatic limbs; so it would make sense.

On the other hand, it seems weird that gaining armor from turning into a Spirit (Ghost Eater's Transcendance ability) would also reduce defense.

I just want to confirm that any time you gain an Armor bonus from any source, then the character's defense is reduced even it if isn't specifically mentioned.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, baggined said:

I'm not sure if this has been addressed before, but, if a character gets armor from a source other than actually wearing physical armor, is that character's defense also reduced?

No.

If you have natural armor - like the heavy scales of a Bayou Gator - then that essentially counts as physical armor, just not the sort that can be removed.

• Like 1