Next master

Killersox

Hey guys I am getting ready to finish my gremlins out. I have gone full Pokemon and am gunna catch them all eventually. All I have left is brewmaster and zadoria. So my question is which do you guys enjoy more and why? I have looked at the pull my fingers for both of them and I'm completely torn. It's up to you guys.

Well one is linked to 10T, and the other isn't.  Soooo easy choice, if ya catch my drift.

But in all seriousness, Zoraida is probably far less prone to cause anyone head-aches.  Brewmaster is a can of worms you don't want to open with people who are likely to get aggravated when you are able to shut down their things.  And especially if they are just learning to play against him, they could easily fall into mistakes that make him far more likely to seem abusive.

Zoraida on the other hand is kind of nasty, but not going to make someone feel like they are locked into a bad spot.

But I don't play Gremlins, let alone with either of those masters.  I have seen Brewmaster with Gremlins before, but never Zoraida, I'm not even sure what a Gremlin crew led by her looks like, more Gators or Swamp creatures I guess?

Moral of the story is, pick Brewmaster, and make people cry.  Because land destruction is fun, and that's what Wizards never understood.

• Like 3

I support Tawg here. Just go with the Brewmaster and babble about my Drunken Kung Fu this and my Drunken Kung Fu that. You should be fine.
Oh, and not just land destruction is fun: Make the whole commander table sacrifice all but three permanents. Cackle with elated glee.

• Like 2

I really like Zoraida. She is just so versatile that whenever I'm playing her, I feel that I can accomplish anything. If there is a problem, Zoraida can solve it. And really, Bewitching and opposing Master is just so much fun! It's hard to appreciate properly before you've done it. Plus, she bring to the Gremlin stable something that others don't - namely super durable Waldgeists. Also Nurses.

Now, the reservation about her is that her starter box is pretty useless for Gremlins. Silurids are good but there's no need to take them with Gremlins, really. And Bad Juju can't get his Upgrade and is really bad without it.

Gonna throw my hat in with Zoraida here. Som'er and Ulix are my top two Gremlin masters and I end up playing Som'er a whoooole bunch but when I don't play either, I love my Zoraida.

Math's mentioned the Nurses already which are obscene with Lenny/Mancha Roja for full heals at no downside, although for Mancha you do need two crows and no other use for his (0). She also works really nicely with Sammy, who can throw out some nice conditions via Doll, as well as the surprise of Lenny making the hemmed model insignificant by tossing the Doll, and the nasty combo of Pigapult + Doll, where the Doll hems an enemy, and you simply paralyse it every turn by dropping it right back next to the pigapult. A 1AP no duel paralyse forever? Yes please! Sammy can also grab Animal Shape and get (Undercover) Entourage points pretty dang easily without wasting Master AP.

Brewie has Obey as well, but since he needs the suit, Zoraida is better at it and wowee is it good in Gremlins - Piglets, War Pigs and Rooster Riders can all charge as a (1) so that's Obey Charges (just make sure that you have someone to corral your piggies until it's time!)

I also love Bewitch, and it's what makes Zoraida stand out (other than Doll Shenanigans), it can have a bigger control effect than you might think. The idea being that your opponent drawing cards isn't great, but if you let them draw cards that feels ten times worse. I was on the receiving end of that effect vs Kirai yesterday where I was terrified of doing anything because I didn't want to be responsible for summoning Ikyrio.

And in terms of general feel, I do like that she feels so sneaky. I had a game where I managed to get my opponent's Pere Ravage to walk up to Ophelia and blow up in her face... and draw me two cards for the privilege of doing so. I think she does a good job of bringing out that "always in control" feeling that she has in her fluff.

Brewmaster on the other hand... I love Moon Shinobis. I like Fingers too, but he's just... dull in my opinion. When you get the Brewie Bubble going it can be pretty satisfying, but then I find it can make the game devolve into an uphill slog for both players - you're trying to constantly get Swill onto your enemies and your opponent is flipping a billion cards to try to do anything. He's definitely not bad, and I'm sure if I played him more I'd find a bit more nuance, but he just doesn't do the control feel nearly as well as Zoraida imo.

• Like 1