No Martial Arts Riposte?

baggined

So I was going through the general talents of the three books and I noticed that both Pugilism and Melee have related talents that give defensive triggers to deal damage to an attacker.  I was curious, why is there nothing like that for Martial Arts?  Did I miss the talent?  Is it an oversight or a design decision?   Martial Arts does have a lot of very cool talents related to giving neat triggers to that skill, so in that sense I can understand not having a talent that gives a Df trigger with a Martial Arts trigger.

(TBH I'm really hoping it was a specific design decision cause Mason gives pretty awesome rundowns of the whys of such choices :) )

The reasoning was pretty simple!

I'm saving a lot of the Martial Arts stuff so that it's all in one place for a potential Ten Thunders book.

Not all of it, of course - I want people that use Martial Arts to still have options in the meantime - but there's a steadily growing file of ideas that are being quite happily hoarded by our design ninja.

• Like 2