Fifty shades of Levi... and Jack

daniello_s

Aye. Mech Rider is almost designed for Set Up or Detonate Charges. Pale Rider loves Leave Your Mark. Dead Rider is good for Headhunter and Hunting Party. Dead Rider loved Hunting Party. 

Although not tournament-level Rider crew seems to be quite flexible so far.

• Like 1

On 2016-08-13 at 2:10 AM, daniello_s said:

I'va played a very similiar crew myself, and it can be really scary with that much "whispering" on key enemy models. I particulary enjoy throwing it vs McMourning and I don't think Titania will be very fond of it. ^_^  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Surrealistik said:

I groaned when I saw the From Ash/From Aether 'synergy' on your list (as you soon discovered why) per the OP, but altogether, a good match/combat report. Not a fan of Hannah but I understand her pick in this case.

In general From Ash and Aether need to cost less; I do like From Aether for fueling A&D's movement.

I would take From Aether always on Rusty if it cost 1SS. From Ash I wouldn't take even if it was for 1SS - better to get Desolate Soul and kill enemy model summoning Abomination in process than spend (in most of the cases) SS on suit to summon Abomination form the scrap marker.

1 minute ago, daniello_s said:

I would take From Aether always on Rusty if it cost 1SS. From Ash I wouldn't take even if it was for 1SS - better to get Desolate Soul and kill enemy model summoning Abomination in process than spend (in most of the cases) SS on suit to summon Abomination form the scrap marker.

Yeah Aether is tricky; at 2 SS it's situational, at 1 SS, it becomes extremely compelling. On the otherhand, I'd say that I Pay Better, Tally Sheet and Desolate Soul are still fairly stiff competition, even if their use would depend more on your list composition.

Ash definitely needs some kind of buff in addition to the 1 SS reduction, agreed.

• Like 1

Interested in seeing how you do with this list:

http://bythetree.net/?f=5&s=50&l=56|92,71,88&t=37|2|0|&m=48|0|*48|0|*50|0|*121|19|*121|19|*182|0|92,71

In my experience the Lures were amazing for moving Levi around, and drawing opposing models into a death grinder of Librarian spell flurries and Levi/Rusty abom transforming doom. Meanwhile heal spam ensures you about win any firefights/attrition wars. You can also slap Oathkeeper onto the Librarians for even more burst as needed. I also like I Pay Better on Alyce for this list.

Taking a second Trapper in lieu of a second Librarian can also be a good idea depending on the terrain, objectives and opposing crew in addition to the above suggested tweaks (in this case I Pay Better is probably the go-to over Tally Sheet as opposed to the two being close competitors).

Oh yes, and Belles are also situationally good for moving Alyce into place so she can get a flurry of shots off; quite a few people get surprised by this astonishingly.

Necropunks are obvious scheme runners; run as needed.

2 hours ago, daniello_s said:

Interesting use of Yin; never really looked into her, particularly out of concern with her seeming fragility and lack of range, but it makes sense in practice, especially with a terrain heavy board and Scout; will have to give her a shot sometime. I definitely think Rusty is a must in a lure list because she's a reliable source of abom generation and just has so much firepower, plus she's pretty receptive to being moved around by Belles as stated above with her Move 6. Dead Doxies I've considered but their lack of range and consistency vs the Belles is a bit of a deal breaker for me, even if they're more flexible and can anchor.

Also any critiques with my list, or things you think should be subbed in? Thanks to you I'm looking at ways to work in Yin if possible because I'm pretty sold after this report.