Snowstorm for Henchmen Hardcore?

retnab

My LGS is thinking of doing a Henchmen Hardcore tournament some time in May and I'm excited to give it a shot!  I've never done one before and it sounds like a fun mix on the typical style of game :) I'm looking at the different lists I could bring and I think I'm liking this one best so far, is there anything obviously wrong with it for this sort of tournament?  If it doesn't work I'm thinking of bringing Cassie alternatively.

SnowStorm

Ice Golem

Arcane Effigy

Silent One

Effigy gives condition removal and a damage/discard boost to SnowStorm which is nice, Silent One healing and shooting Freeze's through the other Frozen Heart models sounds pretty solid to me, and having SnowStorm pull the Ice Golem forward looks like it should really help with its otherwise slow trot to the front lines.  Is there anything I'm missing or should really be doing different?

There's definitely nothing wrong with your list. In fact pairing up the ice golem with snowstorm is a great way to substitute some of the biggest weaknesses of the ice golem (speed). The arcane effigy is a solid little minion, however condition removal may or may not come into play since both crews are running such small numbers. Personally I think you'd get more milage from an ice gamin. It's "bite of winter" is amazing in a December heavy list since it effectively gives everyone +1 damage (itself included). That really puts out some really big damage from the golem and snowstorm. 

I ran a similar list with great success, except I used two acolytes and a silent one. I don't really think I need to explain why acolytes are amazing though :P

• Like 1

That's a good point, I hadn't thought about the Ice Gamin.  Are Conditions something that don't really come up in Henchmen Hardcore?  Only 8 activations does seem like there's not much point on a turn where you could remove those conditions, I may swap over to the Gamin.

I usually start my rasputina lists with snowstorm, ice golem, and 2-3 ice gamin. I don't see why the same thing wouldn't work for henchmen hardcore. Gamin are great for eating at your opponents hand and deck with their shots. Your opponent won't want their important models to be slow so they are more likely to cheat against them. They force flips off the deck which can potentially force your opponent to discard some really high cards as well, which is great for you because you don't care about the gamin damaging anyway. Snow and golem hit well enough for whole crew.