Bad Ink Deck Note!

Hey everyone,

I just got my new Bad Ink Deck today and I just want to say, I love this thing. The smooth plastic is very nice and not nearly as slippery as one would expect.

But, make sure you put them in sleeves or otherwise protect them!  I had just pulled them out of the box and began shuffling when I dropped a couple cards (of course), and when I tried picking them up I ended up rubbing the back of a card over on the floor were I scratched it up pretty good.  I didn't really expect it to scratch so easily, so I figured I'd put this out there so that others might be able to avoid my bad luck.

And if anyone from Wyrd sees this, and this may seem silly, could you maybe add a ruggedness test with new decks in the future?    Everything about this deck is awesome, it just seems much less hardy than my retro fate deck.   I may very well be in the minority of being overly clumsy too :)

The Bad Ink deck is so close to being a "perfect" deck for me. I love the style. I love the clear damage markings. I love the clarity of the text. I love that it's plastic. I love the magnetic box. But for me, it's not yet a perfect deck. But it's sooo close!

Wishlist

• Suits next to the numbers represented larger. The illustrations are really cool for me, but they're busy enough that for some opponents, it's hard to make out what suit I just flipped from across the board
  • Linen finish, like on the Retro Fate deck, to make the cards less slippery and more rugged, as baggined mentions above.
  • An illustration on the back of the cards, instead of "M2E".

On 4/10/2016 at 10:23 PM, Isaac said:

Wishlist

• Suits next to the numbers represented larger. The illustrations are really cool for me, but they're busy enough that for some opponents, it's hard to make out what suit I just flipped from across the board
  • Linen finish, like on the Retro Fate deck, to make the cards less slippery and more rugged, as baggined mentions above.
  • All 3's, 4's, & 5's replaced with 11's, 12's, & 13's. 
  • Like 3

On 4/10/2016 at 7:23 PM, Isaac said:

Along these lines, what I'd like is symmetrical or nearly symmetrical card backs. If the Bad Ink deck gets shuffled upside down it is going to be indistinguishable to the other player from a marked deck.