Nix crew for campaign

Couchmonster

I need help deciding on my opening gambit for a local campaign (henchmen led, but costs & 40ss)

I'm torn between two options as my starting crew (both fairly similar)...

Option 1:

Henchmen: Nix 8ss [9ss] 
Infectious Melodies +1ss

Killjoy 12ss [12ss]

Obedient Wretch [4ss]

Hodegepodge Effigy [4ss]

Malifaux Rat [2ss]

Malifaux Rat [2ss]

Malifaux Rat [2ss]

Malifaux Rat [2ss]

Malifaux Rat [2ss]

OR

Option 2: 

Henchmen: Nix 8ss [9ss]
Infectious Melodies +1ss

Killjoy 12ss [12ss]

Obedient Wretch [4ss]

Rat Catcher [6ss]

Malifaux Rat [2ss]

Malifaux Rat [2ss]

Malifaux Rat [2ss]

Malifaux Rat [2ss]

As it stands I'm leaning more towards #1 but would be interested in hearing your thoughts :)

3 minutes ago, Jafar said:

Not sure, but what if something will remove Killjoy from play? Bury, paralyze etc.
What's your plan B?

Why so many rats?

If something paralyzes Killjoy I'll just have to ride out, usually he's into an opponent quick enough to deal with anything that could pose a threat to him.

Having that many Rats gives the ability to put Blighted pretty much anywhere I want & give's me the option to summon Rat Kings & Rat Catchers from the get go 

Its a risky opening gambit, as the rats are likely to clock up injuries fairly quickly over the course of a campaign. I guess that will help lower the crew rating. 

I would have thought the hodgepodge was better than the catcher in your startign list as it adds options to you that you wouldn't otehrwise have where as you'll probably end up with a rat catcher fairly quickly anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Adran said:

Its a risky opening gambit, as the rats are likely to clock up injuries fairly quickly over the course of a campaign. I guess that will help lower the crew rating. 

I would have thought the hodgepodge was better than the catcher in your startign list as it adds options to you that you wouldn't otehrwise have where as you'll probably end up with a rat catcher fairly quickly anyway. 

Those were my thoughts to. But also I only need to make injury flips for the rats if the summoned units are killed & it's quite possible to keep chaining stuff into new units to avoid making those flips :P 

If the worst comes to the worst I can add more Rats cheaply enough at the start of each campaign phase

I think my reading of the effect was that if the summoned rat king got killed/sacrificed, then the rats would take an injury flip regardless of the rat king summoning new models, the prevention of the injury didn't continually carry over every time you summoned a new thing. 

Well worth checking with the organiser. Its not too hard to keep hiring new rats, but it gets expensive, and if you are playing more than 1 game per "week", there is a risk they'll die mid week. 

I've only played 1 campaign, and whilst Script wasn't that hard to come by, the limit of 16 scrip per week can hurt having to replace rats.

• Like 1