Lacroix only crews

WyrdMatt

Limiting yourself to LaCroix only is a pretty serious handicap but with the right Strat and Scheme pool it can work moderately well. Adding in a mix of Slop Haulers, Bayou Gremlins, and Lightning Bugs would certainly make it better but if that's the theme you wish to explore then you are of course free to do so.

The LaCroix family is what I've been playing in the Shifting Loyalties campaign (we´re entering our last game week now). I have hired one Slop Hauler along the way though, and Sammy only made it into the arsenal between week three and four so I haven't tried her out yet. Ophelia has been with me for one week.

I am a very inexperienced player, please note, but so far I have been able to play evenly against Colette´s showgirls and the Judge and his fascist underlings (Lady J hasn't showed up yet, the Judge has had a pretty hard time otherwise). I have played fairly even games against a Nekima/Lilith crew. And... I have been utterly humiliated by Datsue Ba's spirits and will be utterly humiliated again by Kirai and said spirits soon.

I feel mostly that the crew is pretty sensitive to the strategy played, due to a serious lack of staying power, and to some extent also to the opposing faction. As long as I can run around and place markers and take the occasional shot at something I'm fine. When there is a Khytera in the middle of the board and I need to compete for the turf (or similar) I'm toast.

My plan was/is to post a report of the next game against ressers after it's played, similar to the thread already existing, and see if input from other gremlin commanders can help me analyse and improve my game.

In an all LaCroix game you are going to be explosive, and you are going to get out attritioned by most masters, so you need a good turn 2 and 3 to hit your opponent hard enough that they won't recover.

My Threatenin' Gun should probably be your upgrade of choice on Sammy, who can use the (0) on Ophelia for a fourth shot per turn, or on Rami who can reckless focus shoot, then focus again to mitigate the :-fate from My Threatenin' Gun.

I'd mostly try to save my stones for damage prevention because with no healing and no Lenny, Francois will go down quickly, and the longer he survives, the better chance you have of hurting your opponent really badly. Stilts will also help there, and I might even be tempted to take Quality Mash Liquor on him.

With Merris, you're probably looking at taking marker schemes if possible, breakthrough, plant evidence, stuff like that, they should be fairly easy to achieve provided she survives. I like Hide in the Mud as an upgrade for her, it gives her permanent soft cover which can make her a bit harder to take down.

If you can add a slop hauler that would be really helpful.

I don't think that Old Cranky is a must. I really like Youngs. They help to get outactivation (a Bayou Gremlin is 50% more expensive!) and loading up the guns makes them sorta kinda even cheaper. And they are annoying to remove at range and have the potential to pack an enormous wallop - try Focusing with them as much as possible. As that potential often forces the enemy to cheat to avoid getting hit. Especially since they can't know whether you have a Rams in hand and can get Severe damage. I've killed, among other things, Lynch from almost full health with them.